Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Food has gone up a ton
Previous  1  2  3  4

raizy

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 11:34 pm
we already cut out most juices . we only used concetrate in the past. and I really need it for health reasons. now I only buy for shabbos. and I am getting good and sick from it. I dont buy cake from the store it way to expensive but if I dont have time to bake why must I go hungry for that one piece of cake. etc. nosh we never really bought. and no I will not cut out the bit of fruits and veg that I buy. and that is really expensive.

ange

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 10:09 am
raizy wrote:
yakira and besides not making more money we are shelling out more cash. because tution cost more . food cost more no specieal discounts etc. and they the pple who earn less are the ones who can afford nicer clothing they are not paying for food etc. .... yay it really sucks. ....

Really, now. My husband is in kollel. we are not being supported, live in cramped spaces, pay full tuition for 1 yeshiva, preschool age and babysitter. I can't remember the last time I bought any clothing, forget nicer. I am wearing the same maternity clothes from my first pregnancy, the same Shabbos shoes from over 5 years ago...you get the picture.

B"H I have no complaints, but PLEASE don' think that yenem's is besser. We are all struggling with this.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 10:16 am
My son wanted salsa today (too expensive in Israel to buy it jarred, no 99 cent salsa like we had in the U.S.) so I told him to make some himself (he's 18). Well, he did! And it's really good too!!!!! Total cost, maybe a dollar a opposed to 3 or 4 dollars for less in a jar.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 10:17 am
can you post the recipe?? LOL thanks!!!!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 10:21 am
It wasn't a recipe, he improvised based on recipes he saw online.
2-3 tomatoes. He roasted them over the flame and peeled them
1 red pepper, roasted and peeled same as above
1 large onion

The vegetables were then chopped fine. He added a little pasta sauce, lemon juice, pepper and salt. He put in some sauces he found in the fridge (chili sauce, ketchup, mustard) and some spices. He can't remember. The main thing was the tomatoes, pepper and onion. Absolutely delish. He even cleaned up after himself.

SingALong

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 10:42 am
"I'm also trying to avoid wasting any bread by eating toast, making breadcrumbs, croutons, French toast etc.. "

how do you make breadcrumbs from bread? do you toast the bread first? if I toast it in my meaty oven can I only use those crumbs for meat? or also for milky stuff?

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 10:30 am
Mama Bear wrote:
the price of bread will go up after pesach, people.

I bought a loaf of bread after Pesach and was taken aback at how much it had gone up!

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 10:31 am
Love My Babe wrote:
who can help but notice? everything is totally up!

Everything is up it seems apart from the wages!

Tehilla

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 10:34 am
Debbie wrote:

this is what I find disturbing and remarkable, especially when it comes to tuition... Rolling Eyes

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 10:56 am
Tehilla wrote:
Debbie wrote:

this is what I find disturbing and remarkable, especially when it comes to tuition... Rolling Eyes
[size=24]

That is very true. I wonder how people are supposed to save for a rainy day, after paying tuition fees,paying for food and utility bills and the rent or mortgage there isn't that much left to save.
Still as my late mother would have said having your health is the most important thing.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 10:58 am
Debbie wrote:

Still as my late mother would have said having your health is the most important thing.

So, how do you pay for health insurance Rolling Eyes

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 11:04 am
Tamiri wrote:
Debbie wrote:

So, how do you pay for health insurance Rolling Eyes

Here in England we pay through our wages for the National Health Service but private is another matter.
I do have a private health insurance and I admit it is hard sometimes to manage the cost but I am trying to make cut backs in other areas.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics