Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flying Continental Airlines w/ 12 mo. old?

DoctorMom

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 3:46 am
I plan to be flying from Israel to the US with my husband and daughter (who will I"YH be 12 months).
We've flown with her before, but that was before she started crawling! We have a night flight, so I hope she'll be able to sleep in a bassinet. We're flying Continental, and I requested a bassinet. My daughter's small (only abt. 15 lbs. now). Anyone know if Continental has age / weight limits for having kids in bassinets? Thanks!

HooRYou

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 3:50 am
I don't know about Continental specifically, but I think most of the airlines give the bassinets to the younger children first since there are a limitied amount of bassinet spots on each plane. At least this was what they told us when we travelled with a child at that age. We didn't get the bassinet.

catonmylap

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 4:15 am
I think it's first come first serve. We flew with a 4 week old on continental and did not get a bassinet, though in one direction, they gave us an extra seat and we took the carseat on board and put in on the seat.

I have the impression that they won't consider the bassinet for an older baby even if you are under the weight limit. I'm pretty sure my ds was under last time we flew at 11 months (on el al), and of course we didn't get a bassinet again, and it was a less busy time of the year...

Try to get the bulk head seats anyway if you can because it will give you somewhere to put the baby down. The floor would have been so helpful! Ds was climbing all over us last time.

tm

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 5:49 am
I flew with my ds when he was about 20 months old and I got a basinet. I'm pretty sure the airline was continental but it was almost 2 years ago so I can't remember. I may have had my travel agent request it when she booked our tickets.

jemappelle

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 8:52 pm
I flew continental international pesach time with a 10 month old who was 21 pounds. we were able to reserve the bassinet by phone. he was shall we say a bit cozy in it but was able to sleep curled up on his side.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 11:38 pm
DoctorMom wrote:
Anyone know if Continental has age / weight limits for having kids in bassinets? Thanks!

I'd call the airline directly and ask rather then rely on someone's past experience. Rules and regulations seem to change all the time with these airlines.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics