Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Teen son's number coming up borderline prediabetic
Previous  1  2

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 9:10 pm
GiGichai wrote:
5.7 is high. Please do the bloodwork. It is no fun and also dangerous to be diagnosed type 1 in dka (like my son was).

What other bloodwork did they take to diagnose that?

My A1C is 5.7 but 2 Dr's weren't concerned.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 9:16 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Always better to start one at a time.
Adrenal cocktails, magnesium, methyl b complex and Thiamine is a good foundation. Then I would add in some of the others, but probably not all? Unless you feel you need everything. This is also not a replacement for good, clean diet (inflammation and gut dysbiosis contribute directly to development of insulin resistance) and always pair carbs with fats and proteins.

What is the connection to adrenals? Which supplement do you recommend? Is tahua adreeno good? Thanks

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 9:20 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
What is the connection to adrenals? Which supplement do you recommend? Is tahua adreeno good? Thanks
Adrenals play a huge role in regulating blood sugar. I never used tahua personally but think it's considered good quality. I just looked up the product and it seems to be a blend of adaptogens. Those are herbs that help support and regulate the adrenal gland. In addition I would also do Adrenal cocktails which are basically made up of sodium, potassium and whole food vitamin c because those are the basic nutrients the adrenal gland needs to make all the hormones it does and function properly.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 9:22 pm
Thank you! Is adrenal cocktail a supplement?

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 9:25 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Thank you! Is adrenal cocktail a supplement?
You can buy it as a powder or ready made supplement from jigsaw health, or make your own using a recipe with specific ratios. Usually mixed in with a liquid, it's like an electrolyte drink. Alternately, you can just make sure you're getting plenty of sodium, potassium and whole food vitamin c throughout the day. Some people really do feel a difference when they take it in the specific ratio all at the same time.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 9:26 pm
Thank you, will look into it!
Where did you learn this

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 9:28 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Thank you, will look into it!
Where did you learn this
Various health groups on social media // hope OP doesn't feel I'm hijacking her thread.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics