Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Toddler bed vs Bed rail

confusedalways

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:40 pm
Hi,
I have toddler that is turning 3 soon and her crib needs to be used for my baby. What do most people use for their toddlers ? A toddler bed or a bed rail added to a regular bed?

Thank you,

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:41 pm
We use a toddler bed with a rail for out toddlers.

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:43 pm
We use a rail, normal bed.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:50 pm
We use a twin bed with a rail cuz I have it anyway and it's easier to put kids to bed when I can lie down with them.

My kids are tall and able to climb into a regular bed before their second birthday though

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:54 pm
I got a toddler bed and used it a few nights. Ds sleeps much better in a regular bed with a rail.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:54 pm
Either one is fine, but a toddler bed is way easier to change the sheets & is lower to the ground which makes it easier for a toddler to go in & out & I feel is safer too

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:58 pm
What age do people transition from toddler to regular?

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 7:03 pm
I always did a regular bed after crib, with a rail. No reason to spend extra money on a toddler bed.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 7:30 pm
We did a toddler bed for space reasons. Used it for 6 kids, so definitely worth it. We already had a mattress for it, so it wasn't that expensive (our crib came with a mattress we weren't thrilled about for babies so we replaced it, but were fine with it for toddlers.) It's definitely helpful for smaller kids or kids who get scared or fall out of bed. Used it until the next needed it.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 7:42 pm
Toddler bed until baby #2 needs it, then a regular bed.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 2:50 am
It depends on the age of the child, the space in your home and whether your child will be happy in a regular bed. I personally think use a regular bed and then they can use the bed for many more years. A toddler bed will only last a couple of years.
But if you have transitioned your child to a bed at a very young age due to their climbing skills or for any other reason, then they may struggle to climb into a higher bed and they may be more comfortable in a smaller bed.
A couple of my friends got toddler beds because the bedroom was small and it wouldn't fit a full sized bed.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 2:54 am
I used a toddler bed for my last 3, my kids loved is, was cute and cheap it came with a mattress. The side was slightly raised so it didn't need a rail.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics