Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can I eat non dairy food at pizza shop if I had chicken?
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 4:11 am
amother Salmon wrote:
Actually, I am MO, but maybe you hold differently as there is a safek

Ask if they have anything pareve and if not, enjoy a soda.
Have fun with your family!

Yes this is what I was taught re: milchig status for onions.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 6:09 am
LovesHashem wrote:
You are assuming they are making sure that the knife was cleaned in between dishes and there's no actual cheese on it, and when preparing the salad they made sure to wash their hands and make it not around the cheese. I'm sure people can have cheese in their salad so I'm sure it's nearby and on hand and wouldn't ve surprised if Small peices of shredded cheese made it's way around

This is a kosher store. If the mashgiach says the salad is kept pareve I’d believe him.

However, I would think that most places the mashgiach would just tell people to assume the salads have dairy in them. Ask the store.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 7:21 am
(There's also a concept of bittul.)

amother
Apple

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:21 am
I run a food business, although we are flieshig and our chefs are scrupulous about keeping meat and pareve seperate. This is not only for kashrus but for health and safety reasons - a knife used for onions is never used for meat. And we want to insure people with allergies are comfortable eating our food.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:33 am
amother Catmint wrote:
This is a kosher store. If the mashgiach says the salad is kept pareve I’d believe him.

However, I would think that most places the mashgiach would just tell people to assume the salads have dairy in them. Ask the store.

I know people who work in resteraunts. You should always assume everything is dairy/meat with the exception of sushi in a meat resteraunt.

Doesn't hurt to ask though.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:35 am
amother Apple wrote:
I run a food business, although we are flieshig and our chefs are scrupulous about keeping meat and pareve seperate. This is not only for kashrus but for health and safety reasons - a knife used for onions is never used for meat. And we want to insure people with allergies are comfortable eating our food.

Health unfortunately isn't taken seriously in many resteraunts.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:36 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
(There's also a concept of bittul.)

It becomes more complicated when you add onions and garlic into the mix, or something is hot.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen