Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
I'm asking because... (s/o shidduch questions)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

scruffy

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 9:33 am
newinbp wrote:
(I can't believe anyone would ever ask such an intrusive question! I know this is in jest but omg)

I'm asking because all the other daughter in laws are a pitzy size AA and share tops all the time and I don't want her to feel left out.

On vacation will she wear flip flops on the sand or stick to wearing tights/hosiery?

I'm asking because if she's OK with wearing flip flops, she probably doesn't have toenail fungus. Our son has fungus and I wouldn't want him to give it to anyone else

Does she prefer soft boiled or hard boiled eggs?

schoolbus

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 12:26 pm
I’m asking because my son is allergic to raw eggs and soft boiled can be risky for him
What’s the minimum amount of children she would want to have?

simcha4

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:27 am
schoolbus wrote:
I’m asking because my son is allergic to raw eggs and soft boiled can be risky for him
What’s the minimum amount of children she would want to have?

I'm asking because my son very much wants a large family - minimum 20 children, we have to know beforehand if she'll agree.

Does she tidy and clean her seat and surroundings on an aeroplane before deplaning?

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 6:10 am
[quote="simcha4"
Does she tidy and clean her seat and surroundings on an aeroplane before deplaning?[/quote]

I'm asking because my son has never been on a plane, and would need someone to teach him the etiquette.

How long does it take her to set the table?

Mermaidinexile

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 6:52 am
[/quote] How long does it take her to set the table?[/quote]

I'm asking because my ds is accustomed to 5 course meals every night and each course must be set with its own unique tablescape. It's important that she sets quickly because he needs to rush out to his night chevrusa and can't be held up.

How quickly can she sew costumes?

tiredmommy

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 8:51 am
I'm asking because I can outfit a family if twelve in matching hand made Purim costumes, and I never start sewing until after we hear the megillah at night. Then I say the entire Sefer tehillim by heart as I'm sewing, so it's important that she can carry on the tradition.

Does she know how to schect? Chickens or also larger animals?

GLUE

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 10:33 am
tiredmommy wrote:
I'm asking because I can outfit a family if twelve in matching hand made Purim costumes, and I never start sewing until after we hear the megillah at night. Then I say the entire Sefer tehillim by heart as I'm sewing, so it's important that she can carry on the tradition.

Does she know how to schect? Chickens or also larger animals?

I am only asking because my son wants to teach Torah in middle of no-were,since he faints at the sight of blood she will need to know how to schect so they can have kosher meet.

Does he keep a pen in his pocket?

simcha4

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 3:25 pm
GLUE wrote:
I am only asking because my son wants to teach Torah in middle of no-were,since he faints at the sight of blood she will need to know how to schect so they can have kosher meet.

Does he keep a pen in his pocket?

I'm asking b/c my daughter just learned how to remove ink stains from shirts and she wants to have many shirts to practice on.

Does he like pasta?

effess

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:23 am
I’m asking because my daughter is enamored with Italy, so she plans to make her home a little Italy.

Does he wear his suit more than twice before it goes to the cleaners?

simcha4

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 3:12 pm
newinbp wrote:
(I can't believe anyone would ever ask such an intrusive question! I know this is in jest but omg)

I'm asking because all the other daughter in laws are a pitzy size AA and share tops all the time and I don't want her to feel left out.

On vacation will she wear flip flops on the sand or stick to wearing tights/hosiery?

I'm asking b/c in my family no teenage girl or married woman goes in public places with her legs uncovered. (Actually, this is true, but I never thought of asking it when in shidduchim with my children. Don't worry, it's not something I'd ask for my still unmarrieds. Smile )

Very important - Does she like to ride a camel?

happytobemom

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 3:38 pm
simcha4 wrote:
I'm asking b/c in my family no teenage girl or married woman goes in public places with her legs uncovered. (Actually, this is true, but I never thought of asking it when in shidduchim with my children. Don't worry, it's not something I'd ask for my still unmarrieds. Smile )

If she did, it would show her chashivus for following tradition, so yes, it is truly important.

Does her family act out the story of Yetzias Mitzrayim at their Pesach seder, complete with Pharoah in pajamas?

simcha4

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 3:58 pm
simcha4 wrote:

My apologies, I didn't notice there was a page 7 when I answered the Q above, and thus I inadvertently answered the last Q on p. 6., causing Effess' Q to be unanswered - see Effess Q a few posts back, one before my answer. Sorry, Effess.

After that is happytobemom's Q.

Happy playing Very Happy

tia Smile

GLUE

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 6:17 pm
happytobemom wrote:
If she did, it would show her chashivus for following tradition, so yes, it is truly important.

Does her family act out the story of Yetzias Mitzrayim at their Pesach seder, complete with Pharoah in pajamas?

Making the Sedor fun is very important to us

Does his family decorate their house with flowers for Shavous?

simcha4

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 1:02 pm
GLUE wrote:
Making the Sedor fun is very important to us

Does his family decorate their house with flowers for Shavous?

I'm asking because we have a minhag to cover the whole inside of our house with flowers, literally. Even the kitchen counters and sinks, and the walls of our home.

Does his mother and sisters wear high heels all day, also at home?

ap

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 4:19 am
I'm asking because we try to shteig every day
and the females in our family wear heels as a phsical reminder.
If they do too it's a sign of a fitting shidduch.

Does he eat cucumbers with the peel or without?

thinkpositive

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 5:35 am
ap wrote:
I'm asking because we try to shteig every day
and the females in our family wear heels as a phsical reminder.
If they do too it's a sign of a fitting shidduch.

Does he eat cucumbers with the peel or without?

I'm asking because we have a secret family recipe for cucumber salad, that uses only the peel. By joining our family she would have to continue this mesorah and save peels for this salad.

Does she live 'in town'?

AmedeoAvogadro

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 6:06 am
We're afraid that if she's from a village, our son will be dubbed the village idiot. But if she's from a town it's okay.

Do their family make up their own rules for monopoly?

Tof Umachol

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 6:26 pm
AmadeoAvagadro wrote:

Do their family make up their own rules for monopoly?

I'm asking because you can analyze a person's entire personality based on their Monopoly rules.

Does she crack her knuckles?

simcha4

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 6:53 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
I'm asking because you can analyze a person's entire personality based on their Monopoly rules.

Does she crack her knuckles?

I'm asking, b/c our great-great-great-great grandmother's father said that it's a sign that a person cracks jokes. We're a very serious family - jokes are not allowed ever! chas v'Shalom!

Does she like the color grey?

Cressel

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 9:43 pm
simcha4 wrote:
I'm asking, b/c our great-great-great-great grandmother's father said that it's a sign that a person cracks jokes. We're a very serious family - jokes are not allowed ever! chas v'Shalom!

Does she like the color grey?

Asking because a girl liking the color grey is a red-flag to us. It means that she isn't good at making friends her age so she hangs out with old grey-haired ladies.

Does she often have hangnails on her hands?
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics