Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Boys yeshiva Day Camp Price
Previous  1  2

amother
Sage

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 6:33 pm
Mine boys school is charging $450 plus $125 for busing.

I am sending the boys to a Chodesh Av camp for $350

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 6:37 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I am paying almost the same as keym. 800 for my two younger boys and my older son is $1200. Last year scamp was $450 a boy. So no matter where you live I think it all evens out in the end to a pretty similar amount.

Do you have a lot of time with no camp or school like we do in bklyn?
Here we have 1 week between school and camp and 2 weeks between camp and school. So in addition to the school and day camp tuition we have to pay for childcare for 3 weeks (or take off unpaid if we can)

GLUE

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 6:42 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Here we have 1 week between school and camp and 2 weeks between camp and school. So in addition to the school and day camp tuition we have to pay for childcare for 3 weeks (or take off unpaid if we can)

School camp starts the Monday after school ends
Camp, camp starts the Monday after school camp ends

School starts usually 2 weeks after camp ends, some years it is a little longer. The schools need to be able to put the buildings back in order before school starts.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 6:43 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:

We have that here in Lakewood. Super stressful

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 6:48 pm
Chasidush. Boro park here
Never understood this relatively new lakewood camp/yeshiva system and why it's such a big deal (besides that it's one month and you need to make plans for second) most boys here go to their own cheders day camp. Day camp means learning until about 2.30. Activities after. Whole summer.

mha3484

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:08 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Chasidush. Boro park here
Never understood this relatively new lakewood camp/yeshiva system and why it's such a big deal (besides that it's one month and you need to make plans for second) most boys here go to their own cheders day camp. Day camp means learning until about 2.30. Activities after. Whole summer.

One of my boys has a hard enough time with regular school if he went all summer until 2:30 he would just refuse to go.

amother
Sage

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 8:46 pm
amother Sage wrote:
Mine boys school is charging $450 plus $125 for busing.

I am sending the boys to a Chodesh Av camp for $350

I pay about $450 a month in tuition this is how I look at the July camp a month of tuition.

I don't know how people can afford $800 for 4 weeks.

keym

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Sage wrote:
I pay about $450 a month in tuition this is how I look at the July camp a month of tuition.

I don't know how people can afford $800 for 4 weeks.

Which school?
And do you pay extra for Cheder Camp in July or is it just the regular tuition?
Because we pay an extra 300 per boy ON TOP of July's tuition

Eta which day camp and for what age is only 300 for the month.

amother
Sage

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:04 pm
keym wrote:
Which school?

It's $350 and it's the nebby place on Princeton and 7th-it does not come with transportation or lunch and the hours are 9:30-2:45 so it is not an option if you need full day. It goes from Primary to 8th grade different groups for different ages.

I pay tuition for 10 months, then there's camp tuition.

YTT

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:07 pm
keym wrote:
Which school?

I send to Lakewood cheder and tuition is spread out over 10 months, not 11. So no tuition payments in July.

twogees

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:47 pm
My son's yeshiva camp program is $450. Plus I have camp for another 4 weeks which is another $960 before discounts of any sort.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:45 am
Prices are about $300 in baltimore for summer zman camp. The boys end limudei kodesh earlier than during the year- around 1:00 and have optional camp till 4. About half stay for camp.
The half that goes home either have some sort of round robin camp if the mothers don't work or the boys are outside playing ball and riding segways/bikes all afternoon. Even if the mothers are working, once the boys are 9 or 10 they are capable of taking the city bus home (it's an exclusive school line that can't pick up random people- we don't have free bussing here...yet) and playing outside on most days. On rainy days they walk over to friends or vice versa. It is harder if your kids are all little. Then the choice is to send to the camp or stay home with them.
Although it is an added expense, when I've priced it with sending to a local day camp for the whole day (not an option for my boys of course since they have cheder) it's still about $600/700 cheaper per kid! 2 of the 3 boys schools here have summer zman, so there's not a big assortment of camps for July anyway.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries