Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeled v yalda service agreement

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 1:03 pm
Is this normal for a service agreement to say that if the BOE doesn't pay them than the parent is responsible to pay the agency for 200 / hour for any hours that the DOE doesnt pay them. I mean what if the DOE doesnt pay them Why would any parent sign ? shouldn't they be happy that were allowing them to service our child for such a high rate ? This is for p3 services not their regular school.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 1:10 pm
Doesn't sound normal to me.

What kind of service-seit, setts, speech, ot, pt, counseling?
Also is it pendency or enhances rate cases?

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 1:20 pm
Doesn't sound right at all. I know with regular P3 and this sounds like enhanced p3 it's absolutely illegal to take payments from a parent. Just do you should know yelled vyalda has gotten themselves into trouble before so I wouldn't trust them for one second.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 2:22 pm
There is a lot of insanity (to put it nicely) going on in the frum community I. Regards to boe services. Please educate yourself and know that you do not need an agency taking control of your case. Go directly through boe. No headachs. Nothing behind your back.
...and your providers will make more money!

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 2:25 pm
I would definitely not sign that

seeker

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 4:51 pm
It's pretty standard, I've seen similar language in agreements from other agencies. I have never heard of anyone making a claim on it. They only take cases that they know will be covered by the DOE. That said, it also makes sense that you wouldn't want to sign it. You can try talking to someone higher up in the company and see if you can get away without it.

Puce, it's true that you don't need an agency but depending on circumstances you might - for example, some schools will only allow agency providers in the school because it keeps things streamlined when they have tens of cases going on. Or it might be difficult to find providers separately from agencies because DOE can be a big headache and many providers choose to just accept the agency rates and have them do the grunt work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics