Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/o of Fantasy in Frum World

zaq

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 4:16 pm
What's YOUR frum fantasy?
Mine is being able to travel anywhere in the world and walk into any eatery I see, because they're all authentic to the area but still kosher with reliable hashgacha. The food adventure is, after all, such a big part of the fun of travel, and that's something we really miss out on.

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 5:52 pm
zaq wrote:
What's YOUR frum fantasy?
Mine is being able to travel anywhere in the world and walk into any eatery I see, because they're all authentic to the area but still kosher with reliable hashgacha. The food adventure is, after all, such a big part of the fun of travel, and that's something we really miss out on.

Yesss. We travel a lot and I always wish we can buy the authentic local food. Or just stop at a food truck with hungry cranky kids instead of shlepping back to the hotel to make tuna sandwiches...

naomi2

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 6:28 pm
That's my wish too. That's why I cook so much. I know if I want to taste an interesting ethnic food, I have to make it myself.
I want to wear only my bathing suit at the beach.
I want to be able to live anywhere is the US without having to be part of an expensive frum community.
I want to be able to buy cheap grocery food.
When I was younger, I wanted to go to public school and have a boyfriend.

GrowingUp

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:19 pm
This may get more posts if it was moved to an anonymous enabled forum.

I wish I could have had the college/partying/sorority aspect after high school. Seminary just didn't do it for me LOL

But frum fantasy fraternity just doesn’t shtim.

Last edited by GrowingUp on Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:20 pm
[quote="naomi2".
I want to be able to live anywhere is the US without having to be part of an expensive frum community.
I want to be able to buy cheap grocery food.
[/quote]
Yes!Yes!
Public school not so much, because in my hometown the public schools were bad and unsafe, but I did wish we'd had cool classes like shop and musical instruments and home ec.

mom.00

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 5:02 pm
To live on a ranch without people around for miles LOL

AmedeoAvogadro

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 5:29 pm
To study for years in a good University. Maybe Oxford or Cambridge. But remote is my only option...

zaq

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 8:15 pm
Growing up, we're not competing in a "longest thread" contest. Furthermore, it's for FRUM fantasies. If s/o fantasizes about being able to sleep with any man who catches her eye , with her own dh any time of the month, or anything else so shocking she can't post under her sn, I'd just as soon not hear about it, tyvm.

GLUE

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 12:31 am
When making a Bar Mitzvah every one who is planning to come to the Shoobus will know when you call them to ask not say we are still deciding then call you up on Thursday to say we are coming.(Yes I know you can tell them to find there own place, but some people will take it to mean that they can camp out at your house)
It is very easy to find places for everyone and they all have a private bathroom with it's own entrance.
The place gets set up with no hassle.
My basement grows the few extra feet that we need.
This is all I can think of right now.

(Can you tell I am making a Bar Mitzvah soon)

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 1:00 am
Yes to having kosher food anywhere in the world. Which really broadens vacation options. I need my gourmet restaurants! Grilled cheese or deli in the hotel just doesn’t do it for me!

Being able to live anywhere and not limited to living in a community of like minded people.
It makes housing so much more expensive to be in the ‘area’.

Dh dreams of living out on a farm. I’m not too keen about animals. But would be nice for my children.

I’ll add if if I fantasize about anything else.
Otherwise, I’m good. Ashreinu ma tov chelkeinu...

GLUE

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 4:33 pm
Maybe in Israel they have this type of restaurant, in the town were I live all restaurants are pretty much the same thing.

A restaurant were there is no menu just what is in season for that time of year.
Every time you go there, there are different things that they serve. Depending on what they get from the local or semi local farms is what they serve.

I would like to go to such a place.

sushilover

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:15 pm
To live a simple and temimisdik life but never deprive my children while also hosting lots of guests and being able to treat them royally. Oh yeah, while also having all the help I need so that I'm not overburdened.

Not possible to do it all, but a girl can dream.

ChalieB

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:27 am
GLUE wrote:
Maybe in Israel they have this type of restaurant, in the town were I live all restaurants are pretty much the same thing.

A restaurant were there is no menu just what is in season for that time of year.
Every time you go there, there are different things that they serve. Depending on what they get from the local or semi local farms is what they serve.

I would like to go to such a place.

Eucalyptus in Jerusalem has something like that! They have a tasting menu based on whatever's in season at the time

Laiya

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:45 am
Vouchers that cover all of yeshiva tuition.

Roots

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 12:41 pm
being able to travel the world with my dh without worrying about minyan 3x a day
BH its important to him and im grateful- you did say fanatasy though...

Java

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 12:44 pm
Being able to live anywhere in the world
Like somewhere beautiful and somewhat isolated while not having to worry about kosher food, minyanim, schools, etc etc
Maybe like somewhere in Canada, Washington, northern Minnesota or Michigan etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics