Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
If your school offers an after care/extended day program...

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:44 pm
If the school in which you work, or the school that your children attend, offers an extended day (let's say for an extra 2 hours after regular school hours), and your students/child needs to nap, what happens over the course of the year with they don't need to nap anymore (obv I'm talking littles)?

I'm asking because the school where I work offers extended day for the littles, and originally had two rooms of 12 kids each. One room was for children who were still napping, and one was for the children who don't nap. Each room has two Morahs. But over the course of the year as more children don't nap, the non-napping room has a lot of children with only two teachers! We're just trying to figure out for next year how we can arrange it in a way that the nappers still get to nap, but the ones who were originally napping and then grew out of it have a place to be without placing them all in the other room...

Thanks for any input!

effess

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:19 pm
This happened in our school as well.
The second teacher of the nappers took out the kids who had shorter naps eventually taking them out completely. Not into the wake room bc it would be too crowded.
Then she brought them back to help with the kids waking up and getting them snacked, toileted etc.,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics