Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Are bathroom baskets still a thing?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:57 pm
Do people still put out bathroom baskets at weddings? Like deodorant, needle and thread, mouthwash etc.
Is this something I need to do for dd wedding?

m987

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:59 pm
Haven’t seen one in forever but always thought it was such a nice touch and if someone needs something it can really be a lifesaver

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:05 pm
I’ve seen at all the weddings I’ve been to over the last few years. They are so helpful! Thanks to one basket that had ibuprofen in it, I was able to keep a migraine at bay for a few hours.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:05 pm
It's wonderful. Find out if your hall already provides it. Some do automatically.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 2:55 pm
It's wonderful if your able to include it. People will ne so grateful. I once used a Bobby pin from a basket When my newly set, newly styled wig kept falling towards my face. Deodorant as the kallahs friend. Perspired from all the dancing.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 3:16 pm
I was desperate for static guard at a simcha. I saw a bottle peek out of a strangers tote, but was too embarrassed to ask for a spritz. Instead I was busy pulling my dress all evening.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 3:18 pm
Why wouldn’t they be a thing?

Pads, Advil, bandaids, Bobby pins, spray deodorant…..

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 4:47 pm
Who cares if it's a "thing" or not? It's a lovely considerate touch, and there's no reason not to provide one if you can. Fashion be hanged. Trust me, no one will whisper behind your back "What a dweeb, she even provided a personal needs basket in the powder room. No one does that anymore, how out of touch can you get?"

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 4:55 pm
I've seen them as a zchus for someone at a wedding.
I thought it was the nicest idea!

amother
Aconite

Post Sat, Apr 22 2023, 9:27 pm
I provided it at all my weddings (did it myself- bought a basket, filled it with all the "necessities")- so many women thanked me!
It is a nice touch-

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 11:25 am
amother Aconite wrote:
I provided it at all my weddings (did it myself- bought a basket, filled it with all the "necessities")- so many women thanked me!
It is a nice touch-

I would like to do this, but need a little help. What type of basket did you use? Thanks!

amother
Heather

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 11:43 am
It is definitely still a thing. Maybe not at super simple halls. Some halls offer it free and some for a charge. Some florists can make this for you. There is also a gemach for this. It is a very necessary thing for guests especially if they are traveling. There are always ppl who cud use a Tylenol, brush, spritz deodorant or safety pin.

singleagain

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 12:37 pm
Recently made what I like to think was a very nice bathroom basket for under 20 bucks. You can get almost everything at Dollar tree or something similar.... The only thing I wasn't able to find there was a spray deodorant

jeg

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 1:04 pm
I think it really helps the simcha because it's no fun if someone has to leave early because they get a headache or their period or their dress rips or something. A safety pin or tylonel or tampon can really save someone from having to rush home or to the nearest drugstore.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 1:09 pm
If you want to take it a step further, you can add earplugs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 5:45 pm
[quote="singleagain"]Recently made what I like to think was a very nice bathroom basket for under 20 bucks. You can get almost everything at Dollar tree or something similar.... The only thing I wasn't able to find there was a spray deodorant[/quote ]

Did you get the basket there too?

singleagain

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 6:01 pm
[quote="amother OP"]
singleagain wrote:
Recently made what I like to think was a very nice bathroom basket for under 20 bucks. You can get almost everything at Dollar tree or something similar.... The only thing I wasn't able to find there was a spray deodorant[/quote ]

Did you get the basket there too?

Yes I did. I actually picked a fabric box thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics