Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 34  35  36 40  41  42  Next

amother
Snow

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 5:16 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
But we don't KNOW that he was always cruel. Just that he didnt take care of his kids the way he took care of others (the hospital comment) and that when he was around, there was always fighting and screaming.

This serial is incredible and I never want it to end... I'd be happy if it lasted forever and we could follow Aryeh and Miri as they become grandparents loll LOL

True but the people who I have seen doing reactive abuse didn’t neglect their kids/instill fear in their abuser…especially other family members- I mean these are his kids!

I don’t know 800 victims of abuse so I may be wrong in assuming victims of abuse never become so mean.

It is a sad captivating story.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 5:46 pm
What's in this week's chapter?

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:42 pm
birdie1 wrote:
Right. From the beginning it seems that he was the one yelling at his wife and kids. She hid in the basement from him, cowering in fear when he came home. I agree that she's got a personality disorder. But something doesn't add up.

I think they're both very much in the wrong. But he's healthier and stronger and wants to make a change in their lives.

Also, what was the agreement that they had? It wasn't clear.

Anyone feel very strongly that the author only planned this plot twist after the beginning had been written?

Like maybe when Aryeh's whole background was a mystery, too many people "figured out" it was the father so she changed it etc.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 10:16 am
amother Honey wrote:
What's in this week's chapter?

Anyone? Please?

brightness

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 3:52 am
It was a session back at the the therapist for Aryeh himself. Miri wasn't there her baby had fever so he was on his own. Which he was happy about for this time. He was discussing all his emotions . The therapist basically told him his whole life he has been there for everyone it's now time to put himself first. Aryeh was having a hard time with that. Wondering how that would be possible and what that would do to him.
The session ends with Aryeh cryting.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 8:55 pm
Omg, this week's chapter. So stupid.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 8:58 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Omg, this week's chapter. So stupid.

What happened??

amother
Honey

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:36 pm
SPOILER ALERT

Miri goes out to eat with her mother and tells her the news about Mrs T being Aryeh's grandma, and how she feels she became more mature, and Aryeh has so much to deal with, and it's possible his parents will divorce.
And then she said how he's seeing someone and when he came home last night, he was talking about the need to identify his own needs instead of being busy with only other people's needs. And this morning Miri found a note from Aryeh that he went away to think things thru and now she's afraid he might decide she's not the wife he needs or wants.

Stupid.
And when his therapist was talking about Aryeh helping everyone, um, what about his wife and the hell he made her go through with his behavior? I really don't see him taking care of "others" that Eitan kept on talking about, besides his mother and maybe his siblings.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:37 pm
Aryeh just left without a goodbye?

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:43 pm
I don't get this. What young man who's wife is a sweet woman and trying t help him, just leaves a note without discussing with her? He say's I need to get away and leaves? Who does things like that?
I would have discussed it with Miri and say ''go to your parents for a few days''. He just picks up and leaves?

amother
Honey

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 5:50 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
I don't get this. What young man who's wife is a sweet woman and trying t help him, just leaves a note without discussing with her? He say's I need to get away and leaves? Who does things like that?
I would have discussed it with Miri and say ''go to your parents for a few days''. He just picks up and leaves?

His behavior is totally ridiculous. Supposedly they had good relationship now and this? Poor Miri

brightness

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:32 pm
Ya definitely very strange. They were finally patching things up and now he just goes off leaving a note????feel bad for Miri

amother
Aster

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:54 pm
Ugh
Reminds me of thst other serial in which the husband just left
Sorry that’s not normal
Does not resonate in this story
Like even if he thinks he is falling apart
You don’t just up and leave your wife and baby
Not realistic and tbh I’m back to thinking she should leave him
Too messed up
Too much action after some psychological insight and the whole thing just doesn’t flow

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 6:55 pm
amother Snow wrote:
True but the people who I have seen doing reactive abuse didn’t neglect their kids/instill fear in their abuser…especially other family members- I mean these are his kids!

I don’t know 800 victims of abuse so I may be wrong in assuming victims of abuse never become so mean.

It is a sad captivating story.

You misunderstood what reactive abuse is-it’s when someone finally snaps at their abuser and strikes back after all the abuse they’ve endured. Bella’s the abuser here, and her husband is doing reactive abuse. She’s capitalizing on his reaction to her abuse by highlighting it like “see, look everyone he’s the monster, not me!”

amother
Aster

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 7:07 pm
how could miri not be conflicted about aryeh as well as his family? like she is not angry? just upset that he left and blames herself...? and she isn't angry that he up and left her and the baby? like she is just sad?
doesn't ring true for me

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 7:24 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Ugh
Reminds me of thst other serial in which the husband just left
Sorry that’s not normal

Which other serial did the husband just leave?
I agree this is not normal
Poor miri

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 7:49 pm
Really unforgivable for Aryeh to do this.

amother
Snow

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
You misunderstood what reactive abuse is-it’s when someone finally snaps at their abuser and strikes back after all the abuse they’ve endured. Bella’s the abuser here, and her husband is doing reactive abuse. She’s capitalizing on his reaction to her abuse by highlighting it like “see, look everyone he’s the monster, not me!”

Duh- my point is ppl who are abused and react don’t usually speak so snidely and hating to their children who are victims of the abuser just as much as they are.

Victims generally feel horrible after raging or acting out. Abusers keep going without questioning their behavior. To me it seemed aryehs father was portrayed as very callous.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:23 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Which other serial did the husband just leave?
I agree this is not normal
Poor miri

That one about the couple doing kiruv in a yeshiva in yerushalayim

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:02 pm
amother Aster wrote:
That one about the couple doing kiruv in a yeshiva in yerushalayim

In the Ami? What was it called? Confused
Page 35 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 34  35  36 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room