Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Music and emotions

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 10:26 pm
Very random but does anyone else connect to music so deeply like Me?
I do not play any instruments
But music does something to me that I can’t even explain
Some songs just touch me in a way
Anyone else like this ?

amother
Holly

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 10:30 pm
Yes, but I do play an instrument
However, I do believe that this is how very many people feel about music -- that's what Hashem put it into the world for.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 10:31 pm
Yes, very much the same and I don’t play an instrument.

Choirmistress

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 12:44 am
I also do not play an instrument. YET. Nor can I read or write sheet music. YET.
However, the connection between music and the human neshama has been around since the Briya.
When n'vuah was commonplace (e.g., when the Batei haMikdash stood), the n'vi'im would travel with instrumentalists to help them achieve a high level of ruchni'us, sensitivity, and openness to n'vuah.
What you have written about your own emotions is hardly a surprise to most of us.
I wonder how many of those on these forums have NOT either been touched by another's song or been inspired themselves to compose. I have made up several songs without being able to play a note (yet) on any instrument. Look into a sefer such as Music and Kaballah for many insights.
Even Greeks or Romans recognized music's deep meaning. "Music of the Spheres", anyone?
We all have instinctive, sometimes even visceral, reactions to musical pieces with their various moods (major vs. minor, sad vs. joyful, etc.).

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 3:44 am
Yes I relate well. But to live music more than say a mp4. Wish my large community had more free music related public events. I try to go to as many weddings as I possibly could. Music just releases my emotions . Happy music energizes me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts