Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Getting items you didn’t order from Amazon - Creepy!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 9:49 pm
new oldie wrote:
This happened to me once and it turns out someone put a label on top of another label.
What does that mean?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
What does that mean?

I called Amazon to ask why I’m getting treif food (didn’t say it like that lol) and I noticed that the label with my name was exactly on top of the original label. Of purse Amazon wouldn’t say if the other man was the person who ordered it for privacy reasons.

rosebunch

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:21 pm
Op, please check your credit card statement and make sure that you are not being billed for these items. I had this a while back where I was getting random stuff from Amazon delivered to my address and I also thought it was a random error. Until it dawned on me to check my credit card statement and I realized that this was a scam and I was actually being billed for all these items.We figured out that somebody stole my credit card and was ordering stuff to my address. What that person had out of this I have no idea.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:29 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
I called Amazon to ask why I’m getting treif food (didn’t say it like that lol) and I noticed that the label with my name was exactly on top of the original label. Of purse Amazon wouldn’t say if the other man was the person who ordered it for privacy reasons.
These deliveries didn't have my name on them just my address with a different name. Also no label on top of another label.

But that's weird. Who was doing that in your case and why?

DustyDiamonds

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:07 pm
I only had this happen once.

Right after I turned 40, a book arrived from Amazon about menopause!

I chatted with Amazon and they told me to keep it, so I recycled it! I did not need extra clutter hanging around my house for a decade!

OP, B’sha’ah Tovah!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:35 pm
Google "Amazon brushing scams"

And check this out!
https://www.fox6now.com/news/n.....order

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 1:12 am
rosebunch wrote:
Op, please check your credit card statement and make sure that you are not being billed for these items. I had this a while back where I was getting random stuff from Amazon delivered to my address and I also thought it was a random error. Until it dawned on me to check my credit card statement and I realized that this was a scam and I was actually being billed for all these items.We figured out that somebody stole my credit card and was ordering stuff to my address. What that person had out of this I have no idea.

I had the exact same thing happen to me from Walmart, we were charged about 300$ for things we didn't order

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 3:27 am
I haven't read thru all he comments so maybe someone already replied with this eitza. When I lived in the US I received a package with a book in it that I didn't order. Amazon would not tell me who sent it. At the time, I worked as an analyst and I tend to analyze everything that puzzles me if I care about it. (If I don't care, I can't afford to use up space in my brain). I kept on looking at the numbers on the package until I realized that part of the numbers contained what appeared to be a phone number with an area code for a city where I had once lived. Once I had the number, I was able to start researching and ultimately I figure out who had sent it to me "anonymously". I haven't seen an Amazon package for a while so I don't know if they are still using the number as some sort of ID on the package.

P.S. It was creepy. Not the book inside, but rather that someone had sent it anonymously.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:58 am
Update:
I got another 2 deliveries on shabbos.
Motzai shabbos we went through our credit card charges and found 2 for Amazon that weren’t us.
I contacted Amazon again and after looking into it they said someone registered a new account linked to my account and was able to use my cc info to make purchases. They aren’t able to see if that person had access to our credit card number, or just used the info without seeing the numbers.
They shut down that account.
We contacted our bank and out a hold on the credit card.
I changed the logins on my Amazon account.
We are deciding if we should cancel the card or just keep an eye on it.

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Update:
I got another 2 deliveries on shabbos.
Motzai shabbos we went through our credit card charges and found 2 for Amazon that weren’t us.
I contacted Amazon again and after looking into it they said someone registered a new account linked to my account and was able to use my cc info to make purchases. They aren’t able to see if that person had access to our credit card number, or just used the info without seeing the numbers.
They shut down that account.
We contacted our bank and out a hold on the credit card.
I changed the logins on my Amazon account.
We are deciding if we should cancel the card or just keep an eye on it.

I would definatly cancel the card. Also, if you were charged, then send the items back to Amazon if you don't need them, whether they were sent to you or someone else at your address.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics