Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to teach digital art on Zoom

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:59 pm
Hi.
I'm a digital illustrator. I have been asked by a few people to give a course on digital illustration on Zoom.
I would be interested in giving such a course, but I'm not sure how that could work, being that the student would need a computer/tablet to draw on, and also be able to see the screen share on Zoom where I'm demonstrating the steps.
From what I can tell, that means they would need two screens. I think that's a bit much.
Is there another way to accomplish this or is that the only way?
If anyone has ever taken a live class over Zoom (on any program that is digital; word, excel, photoshop, etc.) and followed along, please can you explain how.
Tia.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:04 pm
Why zoom, so there would be a live Q&A?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:23 pm
amother Fern wrote:
Why zoom, so there would be a live Q&A?

Yes, for the interaction.

And theoretically speaking, even if it was recorded, how would the student be able to follow along on her own computer, if she is watching a demonstration on the computer?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, for the interaction.

And theoretically speaking, even if it was recorded, how would the student be able to follow along on her own computer, if she is watching a demonstration on the computer?

I've done other such courses and if it's recorded you pause it and do it on the side and if it's live you as the teacher would give time that they can do what you just showed. It's not simultaneously
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics