Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Keiravtuni Gold 2023
Previous  1  2  3

Trademark

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:36 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Why is it a luxury to provide so many Yiddish homes with tools and guidance to build beautiful homes? but I get you I thought so too until I went the first time. Kol Hakavod to the organizers.

Still a luxury to spend 2k for a luxury hotel weekend. Maybe for some people who are a bit down on their luck and need that extra boost I could this as being important, but for the average couple it's a luxury.

You can always listen to shiurim at home or at least make it less luxurious.

To be clear I have no problem with it being lavish, just saying it's a luxury.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:50 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
That poster is off the mark it is a Non Profit and not a money making business at all. The organizers are doing this 100% Lashem shamayim. Granted maybe it's done differently than your standards but I guess each to their own. In regards to the price well the amount of knowledge you gain there is worth way more than the price! Also, all lectures not said on Shabbos are available on TorahAnytime for the specific reason that everyone regardless if they could afford the shabbos or not should have access to it.

Not to split hairs. Unless they are registered with the IRS and have an EIN number, they are not a non-profit. It's possible they do not make a profit. That does not make them a non-profit. These are not my standards, there is literally criteria for organizations and groups and their status with the IRS.

Keiravtuni does solicit donations and sponsorships (this is all on their website) but without a tax ID (an EIN number), the donations are not tax deductible (it matters for those who want it). I looked them up on Guidestar and Charity Navigator and they are not listed, so they are not a non-profit. Which is fine.

I am not in any way implying they do not do good and important work.

This is a side point that I think you and some others are not understanding the nuance of. There was a reason I was asking, like I said before.

Moving on...

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:58 pm
watergirl wrote:
Not to split hairs. Unless they are registered with the IRS and have an EIN number, they are not a non-profit. It's possible they do not make a profit. That does not make them a non-profit. These are not my standards, there is literally criteria for organizations and groups and their status with the IRS.

Keiravtuni does solicit donations and sponsorships (this is all on their website) but without a tax ID (an EIN number), the donations are not tax deductible (it matters for those who want it). I looked them up on Guidestar and Charity Navigator and they are not listed, so they are not a non-profit. Which is fine.

I am not in any way implying they do not do good and important work.

This is a side point that I think you and some others are not understanding the nuance of. There was a reason I was asking, like I said before.

Moving on...

They are not a Non Profit organization afaik.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 1:59 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
They are not a Non Profit organization afaik.

That’s literally what I’ve been saying.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:21 pm
Op, was it bad being alone or it’s worth going?

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:44 am
Trademark wrote:
Still a luxury to spend 2k for a luxury hotel weekend. Maybe for some people who are a bit down on their luck and need that extra boost I could this as being important, but for the average couple it's a luxury.

You can always listen to shiurim at home or at least make it less luxurious.

To be clear I have no problem with it being lavish, just saying it's a luxury.

It isn’t a lavish weekend. The focus isn’t on the food.
It’s completely focused on the seminars and you hear one speech after the other.
The rooms are simple and the meals are short and simple.
It’s nothing like the luxury hotel getaways.

Of course you can listen to shiurim at home, but there’s nothing like hearing speeches for 48 hours in a row.
Also you can talk to any of the professionals and ask for advice free of charge.

I think they over charge. It shouldn’t be more than a $1,000, but everything costs more today.

I went for the first time now. It was really nice.

mfb

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:45 am
amother Crystal wrote:
It isn’t a lavish weekend. The focus isn’t on the food.
It’s completely focused on the seminars and you hear one speech after the other.
The rooms are simple and the meals are short and simple.
It’s nothing like the luxury hotel getaways.

Of course you can listen to shiurim at home, but there’s nothing like hearing speeches for 48 hours in a row.
Also you can talk to any of the professionals and ask for advice free of charge.

I think they over charge. It shouldn’t be more than a $1,000, but everything costs more today.

I went for the first time now. It was really nice.

Remember they have to pay for the hotel rooms, for the speakers to come… and count how many meals. $1,000 wouldn’t cover anything.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational