Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Do your toddlers have more than 1 pair of shoes?
Previous  1  2

Do your toddlers have more than 1 pair of shoes?
Yes  
 68%  [ 93 ]
No  
 31%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 135

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:47 pm
My dd has had Shabbos shoes and regular since she started walking.
In the summer they’re sandals that she wears on more than just shabbos.
This summer and last she had one pair of closed-toe sneakers, one pair of natives, and one pair of sandals. This year she might end up with cheap sandals in addition to her Shabbos shoes.
In the winter she had sneakers that stayed at school, real snow boots, cute boots (furry insulated ones), Shabbos shoes and Shabbos boots (not insulated, more for fashion).

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:50 pm
At first they didn't. Felt like a lot of money just buying one new pair whenever their feet grew. Both of my little ones now have two pairs of shoes which is handy because sometimes one pair gets wet/dirty in their exploring. I also finally bought Shabbos shoes for my 3.5yo.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:57 pm
First walker shoes from the Jewish stores are dressy enough for both.

My toddler is long passed that stage. She has $15 H&M sneakers, Shabbos shoes, sandals, and natives.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 1:05 pm
Not until around 3. I spend on good quality shoes and I don't want to mess with their walking with cheap shoes.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 1:44 pm
I buy a cheap backup pair (like target sneakers) for when we’re running out the door and the main pair is missing or soaked or filthy.
I get shabbos shoes starting around 2 years old. Rain boots when they show interest in jumping in the puddles.

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:41 pm
No. My kids are hard to fit and can't wear cheap shoes. At $50-60 a pop or more, one pair is all they get at this stage. My 3-year-old nephew wore his bright red sneakers to my brother's wedding and looked adorable because, hey, he was three. At 15 it would have been a different story.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:44 pm
2 pairs of sneakers, floafers that were a hand me down, pool sandals that still fit from last year, and leather sandals for shabbos.

In the winter he had one pair for weekday and Shabbos and Uggs.

Eta I forgot he had a pair of snow boots but it didn’t snow Sad

SG18

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:48 pm
A solid shoe like a sneaker, a sandal or boot (weather dependent), and Shabbat shoes, if the sneakers are too sneaker-y.
She can wear whatever on Shabbat, but the Shabbat shoes aren't worn during the week. I just think it's nice to have something special for Shabbat and occasions. (Also, they're cheap, not more expensive than the other shoes)

amother
Peru

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:27 pm
Was just at the store and for the price of a local good shoe I can get a floater, saltwater sandal, and adidas sneakers.
For the summer especially it’s better to have a few pairs..
And for the pool etc…

This is obviously not a first pair.

I also have Zebra shabbos shoes cuz of a simcha.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:31 pm
Depends on the age. Under two years old I usually buy one nice pair of shoes that can be worn on Shabbos and during the week.

Older than that, I'll buy Shabbos shoes, but only cheap. I'm not spending $80 on a toddlers Shabbos shoes.

gootlfriends

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 7:15 pm
I don't buy shabbos shoes until they care. My 2.5 year old saw her siblings had 2 sets. With my first I waited until 4 because she didn't know better. I bought shoes that could go either way.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 11:41 pm
My toddler outgrew his shoes before Purim, so I bought a new expensive pair that works for Shabbos and weekday. (When my kids are older, I shop pop-up sales at the change of seasons so I can spend less per pair, but for a toddler, I don't have the luxury to wait a few weeks until the sales. When he needs new shoes, he needs them right away.)

I'm anticipating that he will outgrow them sometime soon so then I'll get him sandals until September when I'll buy a new pair of shoes. The only other footwear he has is a pair of crocs and that's what I use in case of emergency when we can't find a shoe.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics