Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Hows the new Century 21 Dept store (lower Manhattan)?
Previous  1  2

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Hope they reopen on 86th. No other store ever replaced Century.

They rezoned the property for apartments

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 7:34 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
They rezoned the property for apartments

I assume that means theyll demolish the current building, and build a tall building, with lots of apartments?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 8:09 pm
I've been twice. ONce last week, for the soft opening, and today for the store in all its full glory. Shoes and kiddie clothes are downstairs, first floor is sunglasses, luggage, perfume and purses, 2nd floor is ladies and 3rd floor is men. no housewears and no delicates.

jackets and boots are obviously last season's or older. lots of designer merchandise; discounted but no huge bargains. store is plain. a little disappointed but I work right across the street so I'll give it time.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 8:20 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I've been twice. ONce last week, for the soft opening, and today for the store in all its full glory. Shoes and kiddie clothes are downstairs, first floor is sunglasses, luggage, perfume and purses, 2nd floor is ladies and 3rd floor is men. no housewears and no delicates.

jackets and boots are obviously last season's or older. lots of designer merchandise; discounted but no huge bargains. store is plain. a little disappointed but I work right across the street so I'll give it time.

Oh no, no bras? Sad

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 8:24 pm
Loved this place so much, it's a pity that they closed the rest of the stores

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 8:28 pm
amother Blush wrote:
Oh no, no bras? Sad

sports bras only

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 8:40 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Did you look at womens shoes and handbags? If yes, was the quality, selection and prices good?

Those 2 departments made me go to the Brooklyn store all the time.

seeker

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:42 pm
Shame about no housewares. I outfitted much of my apartment from there when I first moved out of my parents' house. It was amazing. I think Marshall's/HomeGoods has stepped into that niche decently but I never did as well anywhere else as I did in Century. Still my favorite towels and I'm hanging onto those blankets until their last thread, and I didn't break the bank. Good times.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 7:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did you look at womens shoes and handbags? If yes, was the quality, selection and prices good?

Those 2 departments made me go to the Brooklyn store all the time.

I sure did! very nice quality but not a huge selection. today was my third trip.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 12:06 am
Has anyone been there since?

How is the quality, selection and prices of womens shoes, dresses and sportswear?

If you dont live or work nearby, do the deals make it worth going?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries