Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you have gloss porcelain floor tiles?
Previous  1  2

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Why is yours not slippery or problematic like everyone else who posted not to get?
I’m asking because I will eventually do my floors and I really wanted glossy…

Mine aren't slippery unless wet or because of cleaning product residue. We have never fallen because of the glossiness Smile

amother
Teal

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 7:08 pm
I have white with beige marbled design glossy porcelain.
It’s so easy to clean and looks beautiful always.
We do sweep every day multiple times and when something spills wipe it with a shmatta and a shpriz.
I don’t find it hard to keep clean. We wash it once a week.

I like knowing if the floor is clean or dirty. I don’t like floors that don’t show dirt because they always look dirty even when freshly washed.

I used to have matte and needed to scrub at it to get off dirt. Now it’s literally shpritz and wipe and done.
I don’t find it slippery. I didn’t even know that was a concern.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 7:11 pm
So happy to hear others are happy with their glossy tiles, too. EVERYONE told us they were a terrible idea so I was nervous, but my husband had his heart set on them. BH we haven’t had one fall and we love how they look. My kids know to wipe their wet shoes on the mat at the door and I’ll wipe up any drips right away. It’s really only slippery when wet.

ETA they are so so easy to clean! Matte tiles have more grip, but it makes dirt stick to them more. These tiles wipe up very easily.

ahuvah4

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 7:18 pm
I have glossy white with light beige. It’s stunning. I do not mop every day. I did get a cordless vacuum. Use it all the time. If not see you see dirt like hair and crumbs. I steam mop once a week. I have white grout. But I put in a more expensive one that’s a little plasticky. It makes it easier to clean . Every half a year we ( my kids) clean it with magic eraser.

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 7:24 pm
Our previous rental had gloss tile. I think my knee is permanently ruined. I fell cleaning the bathroom (the floors were so slippery when wet) and it's never been right since. I spoke to a previous tenant (had a surprise shabbat guest, turned out he used to live there) and he said he also fell on the floor and messed up his leg permanently.

Honestly they should be against halacha. You're not allowed to have a dangerous roof, why a dangerous floor?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 2:52 am
OP- what did you end up putting in? I'm debating getting high gloss tiles now, HELP!

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 3:11 am
Gloss tiles should come with rugs and warnings. They are slippery when wet. If your feet are wet. If you take off your shoes you slip with socks. They are dangerous.
Kitchen floors need constant upkeep no matter which tiles. I have matt white with marble like design and constantly need to clean it.
My kids have various grey floors, they show less dirt.
Practical more important than beautiful in a kitchen.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 3:55 am
We put in the high gloss!
Absolutely love it, looks stunning. Very easy to clean. I only clean it properly once a week on a Friday, and my cleaner does it on Tuesdays when she turns up! Looks fine in between, I do a bit of a sweep here and there.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 9:18 am
amother OP wrote:
Absolutely love it, looks stunning. Very easy to clean. I only clean it properly once a week on a Friday, and my cleaner does it on Tuesdays when she turns up! Looks fine in between, I do a bit of a sweep here and there.

And is it slippery? Or not a problem

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 9:46 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
And is it slippery? Or not a problem

Only if it gets wet, so if something spills I clean up straight away. I mop it using my 123 spray mop because it kind of dries it at the same time, and doesn't leave it streaky. With regular mop it dried streaky.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 4:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

So glad you’re happy with your floor! We have not regretted our glossy tiles for a second. They are beautiful.

ETA we use a steam mop and have no streaks

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 6:06 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
So glad you’re happy with your floor! We have not regretted our glossy tiles for a second. They are beautiful.

ETA we use a steam mop and have no streaks

Which steam mop?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 7:22 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Which steam mop?

Shark S5003D Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket Steam Mop, Burgundy/Gray https://a.co/d/3zNH5qB
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics