Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need help with p-ebt benefits NYC
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:29 pm
Can anyone advise? This is so frustrating.

I got a card in the mail for one child with p-ebt benefits. My other 2 kids did not get cards (they should have).

Any time I try to check my account, or call whatever number is on the site, or google or use the sites given, I hit dead ends. Like I try to make an account on connectebt.com and it doesn't work and says to call the phone number, but that's a dead end too.

Does anyone know how to access this? Don't tell me to google it. I did. I'm going around in circles and spending hours on this. I assume each kid should have at least $1k sitting there which is the only reason I'm bothering but it's an impossible system.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:31 pm
I got the runaround a couple of years ago, and eventually gave up. I called one number who told me to call another number who told me to call another number, who told me to call the original number.... Until I gave up. I figured if I'm meant to have the money, Hashem will send it to me.

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:40 pm
We gave up

We have one kid who’s been getting money on a non existent card, since the school took care of getting/sending the cards and this kid hadn’t started school yet when p-ebt started.

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 5:02 pm
You can order a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card by calling 1-888-328-6399. Please be prepared to provide security information, including the 19-digit card number that was printed on the front of the P-EBT Food Benefit card you are replacing.
If you do not have that number, you will be asked for the cardholder’s Social Security number; however, when ordering a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card (and only when ordering a P-EBT Food Benefit card), you must enter 999-99 and then the 2-digit month and 2-digit day (MM/DD) of the
cardholder’s birthday.
For example, if your child’s date of birth is July 4, you would enter 999-99-0704 when asked for the child’s Social Security number.
You will then be asked to verify the cardholder’s 8-digit birthday (MM/DD/YYYY) and to enter the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) you selected for the P-EBT food benefit card that you are replacing. If you did not previously create a PIN, you will still be able to order a replacement card by following the prompts.

Tamari

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 5:08 pm
Had the same issue. I don't remember how I originally submitted my request but I received an email from and was able to reply to:

otda.sm.eisp.PEBT@otda.ny.gov

Took a long long time till they replied, but eventually they did. They had placed my other child's benefits on my card, which I had lost. So they ended up sending me a replacement card.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 6:05 pm
Why are people still getting ? I got another for my eligible kids a few months ago and was surprised. Hasn't schools been open for two full years ??

amother
Banana

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 9:04 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
Why are people still getting ? I got another for my eligible kids a few months ago and was surprised. Hasn't schools been open for two full years ??

Because it is ridiculous government waste. The pandemic is over for some things but not others. And when it comes to ways to spend money, the pandemic is not over. Can't Believe It

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 10:28 pm
They started to give out money again??

amother
Dimgray

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 10:37 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
They started to give out money again??

No. We received money one time. Only some people in NJ have gotten money in 2022.

seeker

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 10:57 pm
This is apparently money that was owed from 2021 or something. It makes no sense. I had the same issue with a missing card and only dead ends. Frustrating because the money is significant and frankly with inflation I can use it just as much now, during covid we were getting straight up free food in those boxes.

I have given up on the world making any sense but may as well enjoy the freebies if I can't do anything about it anyway. So it's too bad only one of my kids ever received the card.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 10:39 pm
They refilled some cards this past summer.ny.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 10:39 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

That was an interesting surprise

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 10:44 pm
Its a little less than $400 on each card

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:48 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

Do you remember what the pin numbers are? Are they the month and date of their birthday?

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:50 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Do you remember what the pin numbers are? Are they the month and date of their birthday?

No, you set your own pin when you activated it.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:04 pm
seeker wrote:
No, you set your own pin when you activated it.

Oy I set them 3 years ago and don't remember them.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:05 pm
I just received the card for the first time this week. How much should I have received per a child? I only received one card and I have 2 in the same school. This is in NJ.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Oy I set them 3 years ago and don't remember them.

I usually use the same code for anything that needs a 4 digit pin so it's easy to remember. I have a couple that I rotate but I still know if I get one wrong then it's one of the other default ones. I do have separate ones for highly sensitive accounts though.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:44 pm
The old cars I got during COVID don't work anymore. I got new cards now for all my school age kids who are on lunch program. It's $391 each card.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 6:16 am
If you don't remember your pin when it asks, just wait and don't respond and hopefully a live person will answer your call and help you via social security number and DOB.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries