Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3 21  22  23 28  29  30  Next

GLUE

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 12:03 pm
I am not Chasidish and are not planing on moving there, I really hope for a lot of people that this community works out.

Re driving, some of the people on this thread mention that they don't drive. How car free is this community?
There is more to being car free then just having everything a 15 minute walk from your house. (A 15 minute walk to everything is the gold standard of having a walk-able community.)

Another thing is how easy it is to walk places?
Are the streets set up to accommodate walkers? Like making it easier to cross streets, having benches set up for people to rest.
Landscaping-Is the landscaping going to help make walking easier? Like having a tree canopy for shade?
I am sure there are other things that I can't think of, If you want to live in a walk-able community it is best to think of problems that can be solved now then play catch-up.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 12:22 pm
GLUE wrote:
I am not Chasidish and are not planing on moving there, I really hope for a lot of people that this community works out.

Re driving, some of the people on this thread mention that they don't drive. How car free is this community?
There is more to being car free then just having everything a 15 minute walk from your house. (A 15 minute walk to everything is the gold standard of having a walk-able community.)

Are the streets set up to accommodate walkers? Like making it easier to cross streets, having benches set up for people to rest.
Landscaping-Is the landscaping going to help make walking easier? Like having a tree canopy for shade?
I am sure there are other things that I can't think of, If you want to live in a walk-able community it is best to think of problems that can be solved now then play catch-up.

I do hope they are taking all that into account. One of the official goals of this development is that it should be walkable. The below I have screenshoted from an application they submitted to the county. (I found it a while back on Glades County website.)

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 12:25 pm
GLUE wrote:

One of the conditions for me moving there is being able to drive. Even if the community itself is walkable you're cut off from the rest of world. It's not like it's in a city with public transportation, so every time you have a medical appointment, shopping etc it's a huge shlep.

GLUE

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 2:13 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I do hope they are taking all that into account. One of the official goals of this development is that it should be walkable. The below I have screenshoted from an application they submitted to the county. (I found it a while back on Glades County website.)

It still does not hurt to find out what walk-able means. Different people it means different things.
Since you are still in the asking questions stage this is a good question to ask.
What do you mean by being walk-able.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:31 pm
Wasnt there supposed to be conference call tonight? Tried number it's not working

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:38 pm
Thought its tonight see now its next week

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:59 pm
I see there was a public hearing last Tuesday.

https://myglades.com/commissio.....x.php
http://cms2.revize.com/revize/.....g.pdf

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:08 pm
Anyone on the conference?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:08 pm
I just saw ad about a teleconference happening now.
Number posted is confusing. I believe it's 212 444 1100

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:09 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Anyone on the conference?

Me.

On KM now. Call 212-444-1100 8-1-2

amother
Olive

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:11 pm
Jinx. We crossposted, thanks for the prompts

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:44 pm
I like the supermarket name ☀️🗑

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:58 pm
Kimpeturin home!
What they didn't think about...

GLUE

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 8:22 pm
Now I am curious, can someone give a summery or the meeting?

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 7:10 am
Recording of the conference here

טעלע-פאנעל איבער דעם נייעם חסידישן לעיקפראנט ישוב: הערט פון צוויי רבני הוועד דלעיקפראנט, פארשטייער פון דעוועלאפער, איינס פון די צוקונפטיגע תושבים, א צוקונפטיגע ביזנעס אייגנטומער און עסקני הישוב
https://www.yiddish24.com/interviews/38/84082

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 8:09 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I see there was a public hearing last Tuesday.

http://cms2.revize.com/revize/.....g.pdf

Second public hearing on Monday (legally 2 are required before approving)

http://cms2.revize.com/revize/.....s.pdf

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 9:18 pm
amother Rose wrote:
One of the conditions for me moving there is being able to drive. Even if the community itself is walkable you're cut off from the rest of world. It's not like it's in a city with public transportation, so every time you have a medical appointment, shopping etc it's a huge shlep.

They actually mentioned on the conference Thursday that one of the applicants has a sprinter and funds to buy additional vehicles and wants to do shuttles to airport, shopping (Okeechobee town I guess) etc.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 5:22 pm
Any new updates? It's been really quiet for a while

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:15 pm
Can anyone please update on how it's coming along?

Does anyone know when it will be ready?

Also, what are the prices?

TIA

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 7:45 am
Got an email of updated models. Which ones are you looking at?
Page 22 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 21  22  23 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating