Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
New bugaboo being launched in May June, anyone know info?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Heather

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 12:35 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
The Fox 5 is also very plasticky looking. The new one.

We're not that up to date. The original fox or fox2 is what I know. But from online I see what you mean about the fox5. I think it's mostly the wheels, but they seem to have also changed the chassis material or something as it looks much more plastic.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 2:18 pm
amother Heather wrote:
We're not that up to date. The original fox or fox2 is what I know. But from online I see what you mean about the fox5. I think it's mostly the wheels, but they seem to have also changed the chassis material or something as it looks much more plastic.

I personally have the original Fox and am not upgrading, but as you see the 5 has different wheels and lots of plastic. I guess it’s time to keep the classic models (clearly not getting rid of my now discontinued Bee) because the future is plastic.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 2:20 pm
If you watch the video on the bottom he says they are getting rid of plastic and switching to waste freindly material to save the planet.......

seafood

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 2:16 am
amother Heather wrote:
Is it the quality of the pictures or does it look more plastic than the other models? Also the wheels don't look the same. I wouldn't have minded the seat being suitable from birth, rather than needed to also get the bassinet.
Those pictures just don't look as high end as the other models. The look and feel of the fox is just great. I love the push, the quality of the fabrics etc. This just looks more plasticy.

It seems you can use the seat from birth with the newborn cocoon just like the bee.

tinytots

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Heard there's a new bugaboo version similar to the bee being released next month. Wondering if worth the wait. Anyone have info on it?

yea it's called the dragonfly it dropped yesterday available for pre-order its like a compact fox that can fold all in one

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:39 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I would like my Bee better, if the Bee could take a full size bassinet. Less plasticky.

I have a bee6 with a bassinet, my average size baby was happily in it till 6 months.

Agree with others this new dragonfly doesn't have the bugaboo look

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 7:34 am
I didn't watch it but I saw there is a YouTube video about it that came out yesterday.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 7:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Its available for preorder on bugaboo website with many more details

899 for stroller
1099 with bassinet

Shipping starting june 7 arriving 3-5 days later

So for that price why not just get the lynx (or whatever it's called these days)? I'm confused.

gande

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 8:57 am
The fold is pretty cool. It can be a game changer for people who need to keep the stroller in a narrow hallway or carry it up steps. I agree that it looks plasticy I would love to see to see how it holds up.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:09 pm
gande wrote:
The fold is pretty cool. It can be a game changer for people who need to keep the stroller in a narrow hallway or carry it up steps. I agree that it looks plasticy I would love to see to see how it holds up.

I wouldn't worry how it holds up. Bugaboo has an excellent track record for quality.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:10 pm
Just got an email from juvenile planet that the dragonfly is available

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:16 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
So for that price why not just get the lynx (or whatever it's called these days)? I'm confused.

This seems like it folds smaller, can fold with the bassinet, and looks like it has better features overall. But yeah, I thought it will be cheaper, like the price of the bee.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:19 pm
[quote="amother NeonGreen"]This seems like it folds smaller, can fold with the bassinet, and looks like it has better features overall. But yeah, I thought it will be cheaper, like the price of the bee.[/quote

Right, the bassinet fold is a game changer. I just think it's silly that it costs so much and looks cheaper. At least the fox, lynx etc have a premium look.

I suppose they believe they can get people to pay it! I imagine it will also depend on if it has that amazing bugaboo push.

cek

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:14 am
I checked out the Dragonfly at Megababies in Boro Park. It seems a great stroller. the pushing is easy. the folding is great. I was very excited about it and placed an order. For me the most that convinced me, the look with the bassinet. It looks great and very simmilar to the bigger FOX in a bit smaller version. It has a sleeker look.
They have it as a stroller only with the seat, or both, the seat and the Bassinet as one package.
As of now Bugaboo has not made a Bassinet only for the Dragonfly. Therefore if you buy the Stroller only it is is not for sure that you will be able to buy the bassinet later.
I"ll keep u posted once I actually use it if it holds up to what it seems now.

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:44 am
Do most people keep their infants in a bassinet for 6 months? My kids are already trying to sit up and be involved way earlier than that.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics