Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I went thru my grocery receipt
Previous  1  2  3

Amarante

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 3:51 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Some of the groceries in my area sell chicken bones for about .99 per pound with a nice amount of chicken still on the bones. I sprinkle them with spices and bake. Comes out delicious! (in my opinion)

But the cost per pound of edible food would be very high since you would have to serve a lot of bones in order for people to have enough

It seems much more economical to use animal protein in a dish where it is stretched. In a stir fry for example, you don't use as much chicken as you would if you served pieces of roasted chicken - that is typical of Asian cuisine. Or you make chicken or beef chili which uses less meat but make a lot of delicious food because of how it is prepared.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 1:41 am
Monsey has chodesh food outlet and There's moadim lsimcha in lkwd not sure what other communities offer but this helps us tremdously... We stock up on those sales
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics