Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Swimsuit big at bust

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 8:37 pm
I bought a swimsuit on Landsend and I need the size for my stomach but it's really big at the bust...and makes my bre@sts just hang I'm not sure what to do... does it make sense to alter it? (I guess I'd need to call the woman to the room to pin it) Or is there elsewhere I can find something that is smaller at bust but wider at waist?

I'm about a 38C, but my waist is not proportioned... and I need like a 3x for my waist Sad

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 8:41 pm
Maybe try maternity sizes? They're built more for these proportions. (I wear maternity all the time)

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 8:42 pm
If you live near a Jewish lingerie store they should have swim suits sold by bra size and some do alterations to it too in the store .

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 8:49 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Maybe try maternity sizes? They're built more for these proportions. (I wear maternity all the time)

But those make you look pregnant I think no?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 8:49 pm
amother Mint wrote:
If you live near a Jewish lingerie store they should have swim suits sold by bra size and some do alterations to it too in the store .

Oh that's an interesting idea. Do the lingerie stores sell plus size?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 8:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
But those make you look pregnant I think no?

I look pregnant anyhow lol. It's not like a swimsuit hides much. But yeah, I guess it doesn't act as good shapewear.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 8:53 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I look pregnant anyhow lol. It's not like a swimsuit hides much. But yeah, I guess it doesn't act as good shapewear.

Yeah, I do look pregnant that's why I stay away from maternity because then it's like unmistakeable that I'm pregnant (which I'm not)

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 9:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

I’m Not sure but I would think it’s worth checking . I had the opposite problem, very large bust but very small everywhere else , so it’s always hard for me to find bathing suits . When I was single I went to Saposh and they altered it for me , now I just buy bikini on Victoria secret or lands end and wear shvim klied on top

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 9:39 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes, myself has a very large selection of bathing suits, and I've gotten plus sized there in other years. (didn't try this year yet but I saw a bunch on their website)
I had the same concern, I sat on lands end website for over an hour last week due to their sale and then ended up not buying anything as non of the reviews were perfect and the price diff is not enough worth it for me to be busy with the hassle of returns.
I plan on going in to myself one of these days, I feel like it's an important thing to spend on so we look and feel good.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 9:45 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Yes, myself has a very large selection of bathing suits, and I've gotten plus sized there in other years. (didn't try this year yet but I saw a bunch on their website)
I had the same concern, I sat on lands end website for over an hour last week due to their sale and then ended up not buying anything as non of the reviews were perfect and the price diff is not enough worth it for me to be busy with the hassle of returns.
I plan on going in to myself one of these days, I feel like it's an important thing to spend on so we look and feel good.

Thanks. I'm actually in BP so I think I will go check it out. It's also important to me that it's comfortable and doesn't dig into my skin or is itchy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven