Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
IPL hair removal
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:03 pm
I’m looking to purchase an at home IPL machine. Has anyone used one before and can recommend.
Thanks !

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:09 pm
I have the Braun Pro 5 PL5137. Been using it for around 6 months. Started off using it every 5 days, am now down to once every 2 weeks. I saw some reduction in growth in the underarm and bikini areas. The best results were on my legs. I used to shave every other day. Now I have only a bit of patchy growth after two weeks. Did not work at all on my face.

Cookie Monster

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:22 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
I have the Braun Pro 5 PL5137. Been using it for around 6 months. Started off using it every 5 days, am now down to once every 2 weeks. I saw some reduction in growth in the underarm and bikini areas. The best results were on my legs. I used to shave every other day. Now I have only a bit of patchy growth after two weeks. Did not work at all on my face.

Which protection glasses did you get? Most if them on Amazon have bad reviews..

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:31 pm
I don't uses protection glasses. The insert says that they are not necessary. The device will only flash when it is against the skin.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 4:51 pm
Thanks! I’m basically shaving my legs everyday and I hate it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:45 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:

Does it hurt?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does it hurt?

The first couple of times it felt hot and stung a bit. Now it just feels warm and tingly. Was never painful.
I really enjoy the effect on my legs. I get a super smooth clean feel that lasts for more than a week.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 1:47 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:

Is it safe? Does it effect hormonally? Why am I scared to do this?

agreer

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 2:29 am
Do any work on the face?!

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 9:02 pm
agreer wrote:
Do any work on the face?!

Bumping this
desperate for a solution for unwanted facial hair.
electrolysis doesnt work cuz its hormonal

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
Bumping this
desperate for a solution for unwanted facial hair.
electrolysis doesnt work cuz its hormonal

Electrolysis is the only thing that works on the face. I would not try this machine on my face. I do use it for my arms. And I did electrolysis for my face and haven't been back in 15 years it worked so well.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 9:59 am
Why wouldn't you try it on your face?
The website descriptions all say it's safe for chin and lip

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 10:11 am
amother Lilac wrote:
Why wouldn't you try it on your face?
The website descriptions all say it's safe for chin and lip

Because many people who tried laser on their face regret if when hair starts to grow back worse. Many laser places won't even do laser on the face. But if you feel ok with it go for it.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 11:09 am
I have the Braun machine too. I used it on my legs and underarm and bikini. It worked about 75% but was time consuming. About 20 minutes 1-2 a week for a few months. I should get back to it, but am too tired at night! I feel much better that summer is coming and I don’t need to worry about hairy legs nearly as much as I used to, I shave every 1-2 weeks instead of daily.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 12:00 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
Because many people who tried laser on their face regret if when hair starts to grow back worse. Many laser places won't even do laser on the face. But if you feel ok with it go for it.

Right I'm trying to find out if that s actually true.
It doesn't say that in any of the online reviews

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 1:04 pm
Anyone try the nood flasher or have any more experience with IPL. I just bought it and am hesitant to try it. Why if the claims are so great, have I not heard about it before and why is not everyone jumping to use this over the other alternatives (shaving, waxing, laser). Is this a newer technology that just came out? Please educate me as to any bad side effects or negative health implications before I try IPL.
Thanks

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:54 am
Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:09 pm

is this what you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Braun-R.....r=1-1

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 3:58 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:

is this the one you have?
https://www.amazon.com/Braun-R.....r=1-1

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:59 am
I’m amother Maize. I just showed my legs and underarms to my friend who does electrolysis. She was amazed! I have a handful of sporadic hairs on both, they’re 99% hair free.

I’ve been going over each area 3-5 times about twice a week lately. I think the reason people aren’t jumping on this machine is the same reason people pay cleaning ladies, they don’t want to do it themselves, it takes a lot of time!

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 8:26 am
can you post the link you use?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics