Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking into moving to Cleveland, young small family
Previous  1  2

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 9:59 pm
3599 Harvey----- Are the G's moving?? To where? OP, if you get that house, you'll live walking distance from me. Smile If you get the one on Baintree in UH you'll be across the street from a good friend of mine. Happy to help you with stuff when you get here---- yup, some of us ARE nice. Smile In which neighborhood do your friends live?

Yeah in UH people are willing to walk to shul. In CH, nobody wants to live on Antisdale or Grosvenor or Revere though they're all extremely walkable. I don't get it.

I also don't understand why people think lower Blanche is ok, but one or two streets over, living that side of Taylor just isn't done.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:24 am
Your best bet like others talk is to speak to a real estate agent but honestly finding a house should not be your first step. Many make the mistake of moving here in the summer only to find out that the schools have no room. First, work out job/ school and then assuming you are flexible and open to different non prime streets, work with a realtor and they will help you find something. There are many houses listed unofficially or advertised in the frum circulars that you won’t find on zillow.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:01 am

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:39 am
OP here.Thanks so much for your help everyone!

watergirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:44 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Your best bet like others talk is to speak to a real estate agent but honestly finding a house should not be your first step. Many make the mistake of moving here in the summer only to find out that the schools have no room. First, work out job/ school and then assuming you are flexible and open to different non prime streets, work with a realtor and they will help you find something. There are many houses listed unofficially or advertised in the frum circulars that you won’t find on zillow.

This is important advice for everyone moving to any new town. I can’t wrap my head around moving to a new town and buying a house before actually living there first. Rent for a year!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:48 am
watergirl wrote:
This is important advice for everyone moving to any new town. I can’t wrap my head around moving to a new town and buying a house before actually living there first. Rent for a year!

Its a leap of faith. My parents moved to a new city and bought right away after tons of research. It worked out well for them BH.
I dont need to buy right away, but I would like to know whereabouts the frum areas are and what kind of prices we are looking at. Are the house prices going up in cleveland like crazy the same as they are in some other cities?

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Its a leap of faith. My parents moved to a new city and bought right away after tons of research. It worked out well for them BH.
I dont need to buy right away, but I would like to know whereabouts the frum areas are and what kind of prices we are looking at. Are the house prices going up in cleveland like crazy the same as they are in some other cities?

They have gone up a lot but seem to have stabilized. Prices are still low compared to other cities, but houses tend to be older and smaller. That being said, houses are snatched up VERY quickly in the frum areas. You have to work very quickly to put in an offer.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:42 am
watergirl wrote:

We did this. When the community we moved to was still up and coming. Noone else frum on our block. Now housing prices went up so we are so happy we bought and B"H the block has grown tremendously

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:00 am
Twinsmommy, I guess the Gs are moving away... Maybe closer to their other children.

The house notshanarishona posted is on a wonderful block, but terrible location on that block It's on corner of Taylor road (the main street). I wouldn't feel comfortable living there. I'd want to live a few houses in

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:01 am
Yes, make sure that the schools have space for you before wasting any headspace on Cleveland
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating