Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
So what kind of education is your child getting?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

freilich

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 6:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
You won’t be confused when you read everything I wrote
OP, this is page number 5. Even if that poster read everything you wrote, could be her reading comprehension is compromised. It is extremely distasteful to answer her obnoxiously.

dena613

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 11:12 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Some of you are sooo paranoid its comical.

I teach in a chassidish school. No english is taught. Im a speech therapist and am constantly harassed by principal not to let my students read english. She told me her goal is to one day not have any chol being spoken in her school. They dont have any english teachers and the kodesh teachers leave at 12.

Im only here because the agency pays somewhat better than other typical schools.

Huh? What kind of school lasts until 12? Why can't they at last get a solid kodesh education?
Why no English teachers?
Is this a boys school or girls school?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:35 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
Dont think this school is the anomaly since I work in 2 separate sites and they're both like this
I do my job very bare minimally unfortunately bc of the restrictions

This literally does not exist in the US. Even preschools go at least until 2:30. Do you work only Fridays or only for the kodesh department?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:39 am
freilich wrote:
OP, this is page number 5. Even if that poster read everything you wrote, could be her reading comprehension is compromised. It is extremely distasteful to answer her obnoxiously.

How many times should I write the same thing? Especially since the reason they are asking is to mock me and prove that I shouldn’t have the expectation that I have.
Noone is talking about situations when people are sick and there is a sub. I am talking about situations when the lesson starts and noone is there. 20 minutes later the teacher shows up with shopping bags. Or noone shows up and kids are at each other’s throat. Regardless of why that happened.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:49 am
amother OP wrote:
How many times should I write the same thing? Especially since the reason they are asking is to mock me and prove that I shouldn’t have the expectation that I have.
Noone is talking about situations when people are sick and there is a sub. I am talking about situations when the lesson starts and noone is there. 20 minutes later the teacher shows up with shopping bags. Or noone shows up and kids are at each other’s throat. Regardless of why that happened.

No one is mocking you.
Really.
I have a double digit family and have never in my life heard of a situation like you are describing.

I'm trying to be dan lekaf zechus and assume that you are really in a desperate situation and that's why you're being so aggressive but if you could soften your tone, you'll get better responses.

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:10 am
dena613 wrote:
Huh? What kind of school lasts until 12? Why can't they at last get a solid kodesh education?
Why no English teachers?
Is this a boys school or girls school?

It goes until 3 pm
After 12 they have lunch, then arts and crafts, they have a chassidus class, once a week gym, once a week they have fundraising class calling people raising money, once a week they have bat mitzvah class they work on a chessed project of the week or something. I dunno. I just hear it from my office
the school is a bit flying...

this one is the girls school I work in

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:13 am
amother Ecru wrote:
This literally does not exist in the US. Even preschools go at least until 2:30. Do you work only Fridays or only for the kodesh department?

I work in Brooklyn. I dont work for the kodesh department. Im a speech therapist.
I mentioned above that they have extra curriculars the rest of the day.
Im not continuing there next year its too difficult with the restrictions. I know that MOST schools are not like this two. I think the principals at both are a little over the top but whatever I do my job and leave Im not part of the school honestly. I have a few friends in willi and bp and theyre happy with their schools academics. I just got unlucky this year and got placed in this school

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:13 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
It goes until 3 pm
After 12 they have lunch, then arts and crafts, they have a chassidus class, once a week gym, once a week they have fundraising class calling people raising money, once a week they have bat mitzvah class they work on a chessed project of the week or something. I dunno. I just hear it from my office

Wow very unusual. I'm familiar with most chassidish schools in Monroe, Monsey, New square, Brooklyn etc & I've never seen a school like this.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:18 am

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:35 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
It goes until 3 pm

Where in the world is this school? I'm pretty familiar with the schools in Brooklyn, Monsey, Monroe, Staten Island, Linden, Teaneck and have NEVER heard of such a type of school. Even Yoeli Roths school doesn't operate like this

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:36 am
Seems like there are 2 trolls/ reporters here....

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:14 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
It goes until 3 pm

Which chassidish school has "bat mitzvah classes"???? (Or fundraising calls by 12 year old students in any frum school for that matter.)

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:28 am
amother Pewter wrote:
Which chassidish school has "bat mitzvah classes"???? (Or fundraising calls by 12 year old students in any frum school for that matter.)

its a new school and they are raising money to move to a different building.
and the 5 and 6 grade classes do the bas mitzvah classes thats what its called but they do alot of projects and baking during that time.

I think the families are a little dysfunctiona that send there. its a small school

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:48 am
OP I didnt even answer ur q-
im happy with where I send my kids. I do wish the english topics could be a little more advanced, but whatever they dont get at school I just supplement at home.
im happy with the teachers, the related services (a few of my kids get OT, p3 etc), and overall im happy with the teachers. they have great friends there too
my oldest is in 3rd grade though so I dont know what later grades will be like

amother
Lily

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:49 am
amother Pewter wrote:

Probably chabad

kollel_wife

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:22 am
I live in Lakewood and sent my boys to the Cheder and girls to Bais Rivka Rochel and Bais Shaindel. I was very happy with the Chinuch I got in all the above. I certainly felt the hanhala and teachers really try to have a relationship with the parents and do the best they can for every child.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:41 am
I'm sorry people are being nasty to you, OP. I think there's a good chance you are an innocent mother who is simply unhappy with her kids' school.

Mt response is that there are things that happen in my kids' schools that I could complain about if I were looking for things. But there are so many reasons to be happy with them. Yes, my son's teacher is away for 2 1/2 weeks and I forgot who he said is subbing. I'm assuming they are learning something with the sub. I didn't check it out and I am not concerned. The school knew in advance that she would be leaving.

I do know that my kids love their teachers and they have learned so much! The teachers are so devoted. For example, last year, when one teacher assigned a book report to be done in class and ds (who had a bit of an attitude) sat there and did nothing because he claimed he didn't know how to write a book report, she gave up her lunch break for a few days to sit there and help him do it. The one on one time with his teacher during lunch was so beneficial for him.

This year, his attitude has disappeared because he loves his teachers! They let him bring his pet hamster to school occasionally because they know that is what speaks to him.

The school has a resource room that is helping one of my sons learn to read and do math. And to hear my little first grader rattle off the shorashim and milim he has learned is amazing!

I live in Philadelphia.

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 12:01 pm
amother Lily wrote:
Probably chabad

not chabad- I dont even think of chabad as chassidish even though it is
I dont want to say too much but its a really small school on the outskirts of bk. again I know its not the norm

no school is going to be perfect OP, you can always choose to supplement what is missing or outsource like a homeschooling website. I use to do teletherapy and saw kids in the middle of nowhere who were homeschooled
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics