Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Moisdes coming out against AI
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:30 pm
HI ALL! I can just imagine what a churban AI can have on children/adults and its important that all the Moisdes are coming out against it... But dont you think Its opening the eyes for the children for them to want to dig and try to dig up what is this AI that everyone is talking about? I think it can make matters a lot worse... And besides I keep hearing theres a phone number to connect to AI over the phone... how come I tried searching for that phone number and was not successful to find it anywhere... Does anyone happen to have the/a number?

They claim there have been many fresh karbunas from AI alone... I wonder if thats so...

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:30 pm
Laugh

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:43 pm
Try https://kosher.chat

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:48 pm
Is this for real? What are people doing with AI that’s leasing them off the D?

DustyDiamonds

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:29 pm
Are you also of the opinion that Mosdos skip teaching about murder and theft, lest students learn about those concepts and want to try them out?

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:31 pm
Lol. My husband is in tech and I just overheard conversation today with his boss trying to see what could be done about it. Was also wondering what it is.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:39 pm
What is Al?

Schools need to stop putting restrictions on people's lives and focus on the love for yiddishkeit and Torah. Trust the parents to have the brains to use good judgement.

ShishKabob

I’m not getting it. If you are not allowed to have internet, how are you supposed to have access to ai? Isn’t it included in the ban? Or is the first ban a joke and that’s why they need another one?

PinkFridge

Apparently AI can bring up stuff that your filter won't allow.
That's not why I'd AI though.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:43 pm
There is a phone line to call AI and kids could have access to any info they'd like. They don't need internet access for this. I believe this is what the schools are concerned about.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:45 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
There is a phone line to call AI and kids could have access to any info they'd like. They don't need internet access for this. I believe this is what the schools are concerned about.

Someone was telling me about this line. Definitely sobering! I guess that just like there's the approach only have a tablet vs. a phone if you need internet, and have a good filter and whatever limits, so too one should only use ChatGPT or other AI for work purposes.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:47 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Someone was telling me about this line. Definitely sobering! I guess that just like there's the approach only have a tablet vs. a phone if you need internet, and have a good filter and whatever limits, so too one should only use ChatGPT or other AI for work purposes.

Much simpler to ban all phones really.

Or slowly enforce specific filters, then specific devices that allow only specific numbers to be called. Whitelist for calling.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:48 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Much simpler to ban all phones really.

Or slowly enforce specific filters, then specific devices that allow only specific numbers to be called. Whitelist for calling.

Kids will get around that.
There needs to be an understanding of what's appropriate, for whom, when and at least they'll know.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:51 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Kids will get around that.
There needs to be an understanding of what's appropriate, for whom, when and at least they'll know.

I thought the sarcasm was clear.
Sorry!

amother
Birch

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
HI ALL! I can just imagine what a churban AI can have on children/adults and its important that all the Moisdes are coming out against it... But dont you think Its opening the eyes for the children for them to want to dig and try to dig up what is this AI that everyone is talking about? I think it can make matters a lot worse... And besides I keep hearing theres a phone number to connect to AI over the phone... how come I tried searching for that phone number and was not successful to find it anywhere... Does anyone happen to have the/a number?

They claim there have been many fresh karbunas from AI alone... I wonder if thats so...

its called edgi bot. text 530-464-1513

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:57 pm
amother Green wrote:
Lol. My husband is in tech and I just overheard conversation today with his boss trying to see what could be done about it. Was also wondering what it is.

Nothing can be done in this regard. You just cant continue banning reality and what will be integrated into many different aspects of our life.

Teach. Teach. Teach. Teach appropriate use. Teach the dangers they'll encounter. Teach how to live with it like a Yid, and the chances for much better outcomes gets upped significantly.

GLUE

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 4:02 pm
amother OP wrote:

Years ago cell phones were bad-Did you hear about the boy who convinced his parents to get him one and 2 weeks later he took off his yomuka?
Texting is evil-Did you hear about the boy who convinced his parents to get him texting and 2 weeks later he took off his yomuka?

Is this another scare mongering?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 4:09 pm
I am only enough to remember when we used to call toll free hotlines from the pay phone. We were teens, we experimented a bit, got older and more mature and developed a moral compass. We turned out fine bh.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 4:20 pm
amother Gold wrote:
I thought the sarcasm was clear.
Sorry!

It was. And then it slipped my mind.
Sorry!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 4:21 pm
GLUE wrote:
Years ago cell phones were bad-Did you hear about the boy who convinced his parents to get him one and 2 weeks later he took off his yomuka?
Texting is evil-Did you hear about the boy who convinced his parents to get him texting and 2 weeks later he took off his yomuka?

Is this another scare mongering?

I have friends who use it professionally. I've dabbled myself. I have yet to find anything remotely something I shouldn't. If people are using AI to get around their filters, they have a problem.

But this phone thing is definitely something concerning.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics