Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help me with my newborn
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:54 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I find that your mood really effects babys. if your anxious and just want baby to go to sleep already then baby cries more but if your calm then baby calms down faster. Also squats really helps baby calm down. hold and bend up down up down

Agreed. But easier said than done Wink

mfb

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:55 am
Is baby gaining enough???
Please make sure he is getting enough food.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Does no one agree with me about snacking? I really think he eats better when he's actually hungry and not when he's just tired
Doctor didn't mention anything but something I've learnt from imamother is that doctors are not well versed in tongue ties but who else can I ask?
Ive heard others say the same about snacking.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
How could I ever know for sure? Occasionally he does act content for a very short while after eating and his weight gain is good bh

Maybe you don't have enough milk?

I do not have enough milk, (very little) and I have to give formula, baby is content. After I breastfeed he is very unhappy and screaming, because he is still hungry.

I always wonder if there are others who have limited milk supply and dont know it, they think their baby is 'colic', when the baby is really starving.

Try giving 2 oz formula after breastfeeding and see if she is happy.

You said he is gaining weight, so you may have enough, but still, maybe this baby needs more? some babies need a lot of food.
worth a try...lots of luck

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:58 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Good eating leads to good sleeping and vice versa

Op how often are you feeding your baby? The more you post the more it really sounds that you aren’t feeding often and your baby is hungry. A well fed baby will fall asleep on the breast and stay asleep. Please learn about demand feeding and being responsive to his hunger cues. A mother of ten can still learn about this and change the way they feed their baby. You seem resistant but really it’s best for baby.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Often I don't think that's the problem
but he does seem to eat more efficiently when he wakes up after a nice nap and I know he's actually hungry then when I just feed him because I don't know what else to do

I see you responded here often? What’s considered often?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:08 pm
I don't know what I said that's making it sound like I starve my baby but I feed him whether he cries I really don't pay attention to the time but it's pretty much all day
When he falls asleep I wait until he's in a deep sleep and then attempt to move him but he just wakes up as soon as I do that
My concern is that I'm not doing the right thing by feeding him all day because it just puts him to sleep since he's so tired whereas when he does finally fall into a nice good sleep for a couple of hours he eats much better upon awakening

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't know what I said that's making it sound like I starve my baby but I feed him whether he cries I really don't pay attention to the time but it's pretty much all day
When he falls asleep I wait until he's in a deep sleep and then attempt to move him but he just wakes up as soon as I do that
My concern is that I'm not doing the right thing by feeding him all day because it just puts him to sleep since he's so tired whereas when he does finally fall into a nice good sleep for a couple of hours he eats much better upon awakening

Can you nurse side lying and then let him sleep on the bed? Try not moving him? It sounds like you are still hung up on not creating bad habits. I am a mother who is very into creating good habits, but in the first 3 months I do what needs to be done to have a happy baby.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:15 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Can you nurse side lying and then let him sleep on the bed? Try not moving him? It sounds like you are still hung up on not creating bad habits. I am a mother who is very into creating good habits, but in the first 3 months I do what needs to be done to have a happy baby.

Yes I've been doing that and it certainly helps him sleep but it really does make me feel uncomfortable, is that going to be the only way to get him to fall asleep for the next few months? What if you have to go somewhere or do something? It also doesn't feel the safest

snowflake1

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:56 pm
First I want to say that the stage is really hard.
There is something called silent reflux which some of my babies had. They do not spit up just arch their back cry and start and stop nursing it can be summer all of the above
You have to find a pediatrician that will give you medicine

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:20 pm
snowflake1 wrote:
First I want to say that the stage is really hard.
There is something called silent reflux which some of my babies had. They do not spit up just arch their back cry and start and stop nursing it can be summer all of the above
You have to find a pediatrician that will give you medicine

It's a possibility but wouldn't explain the stiffness or would it?

snowflake1

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:45 pm
And actually would be a reason for the stiffness.
I actually just had an experience with my nephew who they did not want to take to the doctor cause they said he wasn’t throwing up but he was extremely stiff and it ended up being reflux they are uncomfortable so they hold their body rigid

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:52 pm
Ok thank you for sharing that

amother
Honey

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:11 pm
I was told my baby's stiffness was an indicator for silent reflux. He didn't spit up a lot but he kept arching and being very stiff because he was uncomfortable. Unfortunately, medication didn't work for him but maybe it would for you, it's something you can find out about if silent reflux is possible.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:42 pm
Op I was also a seasoned mom of a few kids when along came a baby that made me question my existence .

I felt so lost and whatever I did or tried hardly worked. And to top it all off the bombardment of opinions and advice could leave you feeling even more inept and at loss.

Its not your fault, easy babies are a gift and mothers do nothing to make them be that way.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:04 pm
Being that I have baby same age as yours here's what I've been looking into so far

1. Overactive letdown
Most moms notice they have a forceful letdown if their babies are fussy at the breast and are choking, gulping, pulling off the breast, tugging the breast, coughing or gasping. Babies may also experience painful and excessive gas, hiccupping or spitting up. This may make you think your milk doesn’t agree with your baby, but that’s generally not the case. It’s more about the fact that he can’t handle so much all at once.
Overactive letdown is a common issue the first 4 to 6 weeks after birth when your body is still learning how much milk to make. If your body produces too much (you have an oversupply), that can lead to a rush of milk to your breasts that wants to come out quickly. This can cause your baby to be gassy, colicky, experience frequent hiccups or want to eat to soothe, similar to a baby with reflux

2. Sleep!!!!!!
Under 2 months of age should be awake for 45-60 mins between naps. That means once you reach 40 mins starts working on napping time before you miss it and baby becomes too overtired and overstimulated to wind down. Swaddle baby, lower the lights and noise... Better sleeping habits creates happier baby

Good luck and hang in therE

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 10:02 pm
Today was a challenging day:(
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics