Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Home Insurance Mavens: Yale (Andover) or Teitelbaums (Zurich

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:03 pm
Someone at Yale Brokerage is offering me Andover Home insurance, and someone at Teitelbaum insurance is offering me Zurich brand Home insurance, and theyre similar deals.

Yale and Teitelbaum are both located in BP.

How does Yale Brokerage compare to Teitelbaums?

How do the 2 insurance companies, Andover and Zurich, compare?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:58 pm
bump

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:03 pm
Zurich is pretty good.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:45 am
Someone at Yale Brokerage is offering me Andover Home insurance, and someone at Teitelbaum insurance is offering me Zurich brand Home insurance, and theyre similar deals.

Yale and Teitelbaum are both located in BP.

How does Yale Brokerage compare to Teitelbaums?

How do the 2 insurance companies, Andover and Zurich, compare?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

bump

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 10:19 am
I am an insurance broker (not in NY) and I can't answer your question as there is not enough information. Every quote is different - are the limits, deductibles and coverages identical? You can ask the two agents to compare their quotes to the other one and then make a decision.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 10:24 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I am an insurance broker (not in NY) and I can't answer your question as there is not enough information. Every quote is different - are the limits, deductibles and coverages identical? You can ask the two agents to compare their quotes to the other one and then make a decision.

Until now I had $1,000 deductible, and I was paying an exorbitant amount. Now I raised the deductible to $2500 and both premiums are similar, so Im just asking which of the two brokers, Yael and Teitelbaum (who only BP Imas would know) and which of the 2 insurance companies, Andover and Zurich (that are nationwide, so anyone in the insurance field would know) are more reliable and user friendly.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 10:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Until now I had $1,000 deductible, and I was paying an exorbitant amount. Now I raised the deductible to $2500 and both premiums are similar, so Im just asking which of the two brokers, Yael and Teitelbaum (who only BP Imas would know) and which of the 2 insurance companies, Andover and Zurich (that are nationwide, so anyone in the insurance field would know) are more reliable and user friendly.

I work with Zurich and not with Andover, but I would pick whichever agent you think will give better service. Zurich is a national carrier and Andover is only in the Northeast (8 States - I just looked it up), but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The relationship with the agent will be more important if you have a claim.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 10:43 am
I work with Zurich and not with Andover, but I would pick whichever agent you think will give better service. Zurich is a national carrier and Andover is only in the Northeast (8 States - I just looked it up), but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The relationship with the agent will be more important if you have a claim.

Really? Until now I had Liberty Mutual and no agent, and when I had a claim, they were very good, with absolutely no agent. But their prices went up astronomically.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 10:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Really? Until now I had Liberty Mutual and no agent, and when I had a claim, they were very good, with absolutely no agent. But their prices went up astronomically.

The price likely went up because you had a claim. If you have a relationship with an agent, they will shop around for you among many different carriers and find you the best deal when rates increase.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 10:55 am
The price likely went up because you had a claim. If you have a relationship with an agent, they will shop around for you among many different carriers and find you the best deal when rates increase.

I had no claims for 20 years.

Price of rebuilding a home went up drastically since Covid, they said.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:05 am
amother OP wrote:
I had no claims for 20 years.

Price of rebuilding a home went up drastically since Covid, they said.

That is true and rates have increased across the board, but I was basing my comment on your note above that you had a claim. How is claim service from over 20 years ago at all relevant?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:10 am
That is true and rates have increased across the board, but I was basing my comment on your note above that you had a claim. How is claim service from over 20 years ago at all relevant?

It was a positive experience. They came, looked and sent a check. Quick and simple.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:59 am
I have Travelers and didn't use an agent.

I just called various insurance companies and got quotes and then selected the one with the most decent quote which was also an established "national" insurance company

I had one claim and insurance was great. I called them and assigned me a person who was great at following through. They didn't question the expenses and sent reimbursement quickly. it wasn't a major claim - but just minor damage from a leak but I did have to deal with asbestos abatement which wasn't cheap.

FWIW as others have stated insurance rates have gone up considerably because of the high cost of repairing or even building a new structure. Also, depending on where you are located, insurance rates have adjusted because of increased costs from natural disasters. Insurance in Florida is supposed to be extremely high as many companies have gone out of that market.

From what I have read, if you have a really significant claim - I.e. home burns down, you should hire your own negotiator to deal with the insurance company even if you have an agent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries