Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Help my London Broil

srbmom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:44 am
I made London Broil yesterday for the first time in my life and it came out awful. I think the recipe I was following was not detailed enough on how to prep the meat, but whatever it is it is now too late.

How can I fix it so that it's edible? The inside is completely raw - not just rare, raw. And it is very tough and chewy

I sliced it and put it in the fridge for now. Can I cook it low and slow for awhile and will it soften up? Any ideas how to salvage this?

Amarante

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:54 am
London Broil is supposed to be rare because if you cook it too long it toughens up.

You might not be slicing it correctly because it needs to be sliced AGAINST the grain or it is as tough as shoe leather.

Most recipes for London Broil marinate - to some extent marination adds flavor and also tenderizes a bit depending on ingredients

However I suspect that you are not slicing it correctly.

momX3

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:17 pm
I have been experimenting with london broils and they are very tricky. Most of the time when I make it, it is too raw. I then slice it and reheat in the juices for a bit more time. It is still chewy, because as others say it is supposed to be eaten on the more raw side. With the juices we still really like it medium/rare.

srbmom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:10 pm
Quote:
I have been experimenting with london broils and they are very tricky. Most of the time when I make it, it is too raw. I then slice it and reheat in the juices for a bit more time. It is still chewy, because as others say it is supposed to be eaten on the more raw side. With the juices we still really like it medium/rare.

How do you reheat?

momX3

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:29 pm
I wrap it in a silver foil with the juices and but in the oven at 350 for 10-20 minutes or until it looks not raw anymore. I will be honest, sometimes it is still chewy and tough, but we eat it anyway. Not for guests.

srbmom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:42 pm
Quote:
I wrap it in a silver foil with the juices and but in the oven at 350 for 10-20 minutes or until it looks not raw anymore. I will be honest, sometimes it is still chewy and tough, but we eat it anyway. Not for guests.

Ok, I'll try that
I have some family coming, hopefully they won't be too judge

It was one of the cheaper options in the store, that's why I bought it. But so not worth it if we don't enjoy it Crying

Amarante

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:11 pm
Here is an interesting option to tenderize

Will baking soda tenderize London broil?

Our first secret weapon is baking soda, which gets mixed in with a few other simple marinade ingredients. It may seem unorthodox, but it plays a crucial role in tenderizing the steak by relaxing its protein network, which keeps it nice and juicy while it cooks.

Here are good step by step illustrated/animated directions on how to slice a London Broil for tender results.

https://www.wikihow.com/Cut-London-Broil

https://www.google.com/search?.....KA_45
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus