Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Stopping dairy for ear infections - til what age?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:55 pm
Hi ladies!

If you took your DC off dairy to prevent wear infections, at what age did you re-introduce dairy? Were there any allergic or other type of reactions when you started giving your kid(s) dairy again? Trying to figure out when would be best to re-introduce Dairy to our baby. He’s 15 months old now. TIA!

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:07 pm
Really depends what the dairy is causing. My kids got ear infections due to food allergies. I only gave them the food again after allergy testing and getting an all clear. 2 cleared at about 2-3 years old.

sunshine23

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:31 pm
My kid wld get ear infections when he drank milk accidentally until about 2.5

zebra111

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:57 pm
I did this with 2 kids, until about age4-5. The guy who reccommended this to us said do it until the ear canal straightens, can be between 3 and 5 iirc

GLUE

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:00 pm
My son never went back to drinking milk, even cheese he has a very hard time eating it.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:00 pm
zebra111 wrote:
I did this with 2 kids, until about age4-5. The guy who reccommended this to us said do it until the ear canal straightens, can be between 3 and 5 iirc

This. Dr Shanik of Lakewood recommended I take my DD off dairy because of ear infections. Around when she was 4 or so he said to try again...the first time, she got an ear infection within hours! I tried again 6 months later....and finally got her back on dairy, no ear infections, when she was in Primary.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 12:20 am
Thanks ladies! Bumping this up again for the night crowd…

@Chayalle what age is primary? Here we have preschool, kindergarten, elementary etc.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 12:30 am
I reintroduced dairy @ approx 21 months when all his teeth (that are supposed to be in @ this age) were in and b"h dc was able to tolerate dairy. Up until then (even a week earlier) as soon as he had dairy he had fluid in his ears. DS does have tubes.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:07 pm
Very curious about this. If nursing baby gets a lot of ear infections, would it help if mom goes dairy free? And should she avoid milk only or all dairy?

GLUE

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:41 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Very curious about this. If nursing baby gets a lot of ear infections, would it help if mom goes dairy free? And should she avoid milk only or all dairy?

Some people say it helps,some don't.

I do know some people who start eliminating so much food that there milk dries up.

If you are nursing pleas use your seical.

Cheiny

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:45 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:

Yes. This happened with me with one child. Also, ds as a toddler had 9 ear infections in one year. Dr. advised tubes. I stopped giving him dairy and the infections completely stopped, no tubes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics