Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Zman Shabbos Keeper for Yom Tov

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:46 am
I have the Shabbos keeper. For some reason last time Shabbos was the second day of Yom Tov the whole oven turned off.
I tried reaching Zman Technologies multiple times and got no response.
Also, how does it work before Shabbos if I use the 350 degrees mode? Does it get hot before Shabbos? Because there is no way my cold food will get hot on warm.

Anyone have experience with this?
TIA!

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:01 pm
The only time I had that happen was when I decided to bake something last minute after I already accepted shabbos mode.
Btw- you CAN bake after accepting shabbos mode BUT once you accept shabbos mode, you cannot press cancel after baking or it will cancel the shabbos mode too.
So, let’s say you accepted shabbos mode at 5pm and then you wanted to heat something up at 6pm, you can turn on the oven and use it but you cannot turn it off or else it turns off the whole zman device. It will automatically turn to shabbos mode at the right time.

*** I just reread what you wrote.
If you press a number after accepting shabbos mode, depending what number you pressed, it will turn it off after a certain amount of hours.
You must have pressed the number that turns it off after 24 or 48 hours
On a regular shabbos I usually press start and then number 1 - number one turns it off after 4 hours
I think number 8 is to turn off after 24 hours and number 9 after 48 hours
Check the manual
Maybe you hit the number by mistake

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:20 pm
THanks a ton!! I think that's what happened! I remember pressing a number by mistake but just ignored it and then I pressed the regular number. Wow. I guess it's a little scary to use/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen