Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Corned beef 2nd cut brisket - ?

Malkqueen

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 5:59 pm
I usually get second cut brisket when I want to make a pulled beef. I put onions in a 9x13, spice the meat, add some wine, and cook low and slow until it's falling apart, then shred once cooled and add sauce.

This time I mistakenly ordered a second cut brisket corned beef instead.

Can I prepare it the same way? How different will it taste? I'd like to make meat pizza with it. Any tips?

Della

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:30 pm
Corn beef must be boiled. Rinse it off put it in a pot of water and boil for two hours. Take it out put it in the pan make a glaze of equal amounts of apricot jelly and brown sugar. Smear on top bake for half hour cool and then slice absolute delicious.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:48 pm
Place in a pan and add water only to cover 2/3rds up the meat. Cover tightly and bake at 300 for 4 hours. It's pre-cured and well seasoned.

Malkqueen

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 8:02 pm
I assume that if it comes pickled/as corned beef then it has that distinct pickled flavor... my family doesn't like it.

Is there any way to get rid of that seasoning?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics