Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Music on Instagram

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:08 pm
I was scrolling through a frum female influencer's page a few months ago and was shocked to hear the song choice. It was a song about yoshke. I really couldn't believe it - non jewish music? Not gna fight that battle. But Christian music? Hashem yerachaim.
Then I noticed this song on another frum Instagram page. From the amount of likes these posts got, it doesn't seem like any other person was bothered.

I'm still disturbed just thinking about it.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:10 pm
People use trending audio without listening to it. It gives your video more likelihood of being picked up by the algorithm

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:10 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
People use trending audio without listening to it. It gives your video more likelihood of being picked up by the algorithm

So basically they didn't choose the song, it was auto applied? And they have no way of changing it?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:18 pm
Yup, the first time I heard the song “unholy” was on a frum influencer’s reel. I liked the music so I looked up the song and … 😱

mushkamothers

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
So basically they didn't choose the song, it was auto applied? And they have no way of changing it?

No, they chose it based on the fact that it's a currently popular song. But they're dumb or clueless or don't care what song it is. A lot of popular songs are not just Christian, they're explicit and horrible but the 10 seconds of a reel are the catchiest part or seem cute or benign (like a countdown or something)

Even non Jewish influencers for example were using a horribly explicit song a while ago that was in a different language. I think Russian and tons of people were trying to bring awareness that it's not just a catchy beat...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media