Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you wear a watch?
Previous  1  2

Do you wear a watch?
All the time  
 54%  [ 128 ]
Sometimes  
 17%  [ 42 ]
No  
 25%  [ 59 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 234

writinggirl

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:20 pm
I’ve worn a watch since I was around 5 (first a mini mouse watch, then hello kitty!). My father always thought it was very important to have a watch. I feel naked without it.

pinkpeonies

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:56 pm
I have a gold and diamond watch from when I got engaged, I wear it every day. It’s jewelry, and it tells the time, so 2 birds😉

hodeez

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:58 pm
I wear a smart watch throughout the week and a basic Amazon one for shabbat

zaq

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:03 pm
OT but I just looked up the prices of Michele watches and my instant, involuntary reaction was "Holy Shmoly!" Why would anyone, spend that kind of money on a watch for a kid, even if they could easily afford it? (Saudi Arabian royalty and certain rock-music "royalty" would buy Rolexes for toddlers, but let's talk normal people.) I thought it was a bit much even when I thought a Michele goes for $250, but this is absurd. The world has gone stark raving mad.

Golde

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:07 pm
Only on Shabbos

mizle10

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:11 pm
I even sleep and shower in my watch!

singleagain

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:35 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I wear a watch all the time. My watch is currently vacillating between working and not. I am a lefty, and I wear it on my left wrist, face on the inside of my wrist.

When I used to wear a watch I also used to wear it face in. I don't remember which hand I used to wear it on. I am a righty. At one point I did have a Fitbit and one wrist and my watch on the other. { That's how my dad has it too. I think his watch is on his left to Fitbit is on his right and he is a righty }

Stopped wearing a watch because the ticking would drive me crazy. I can't stand the ticking and I couldn't find a digital watch that I liked or that didn't have all those extra features that I didn't want.

The last watch I got was for my brother's wedding $8.88 George Branch from Walmart. Only because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep pulling up my phone during the wedding. But it also ticked so after the wedding I put it down and that's it.

goldfish1

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:46 pm
I wear one bc it was a gift from my hub and it's a nice piece of jewelry - honestly I prefer telling the time on my phone tho

mfb

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:48 pm
Always
I’m a right and wear on the left hand.
I would have to check where my lefties wear them. Never spent more than $100 other than my gold one that I got as a kallah many years ago.

mzybas

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:54 pm
Left, and I'm left handed

zaq

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:22 pm
Now a question for those who wear a watch on their dominant hand: is it a stretch band or a strap with a buckle? IOW, does it require some manual dexterity?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:25 pm
I used to wear a watch on my right hand (im a lefty) daily but it needs a new battery and I just haven't gotten around to getting it one.

hellokitty

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 7:52 pm
I wear a health and fitness tracking smart watch on my left wrist. Partially because I'm a righty, mostly because I don't like using my computer mouse with extra stuff on my wrist - I can't wear bracelets on that wrist on workdays either. I have an old wind-up watch that used to be my grandmother's that I wear from time to time. It isn't fancy, but being unique and hers, I wear it for special things.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:10 pm
Reality wrote:
I always wear a watch. I feel absolutely lost without it. I am a righty and wear it on my left wrist.

This.

rubyred

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:25 pm
I’m a lefty and wear it on my right wrist. I wear it every day unless I don’t put it back on after taking it off for a shower.

Flip Flops

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:39 pm
For me, it's another piece of jewelry. I have a beautiful watch, so it's more of a bracelet in my eyes.
I'm actually terrible at telling the time and hate wearing it because I'm afraid someone will ask!

zaq

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:50 pm
Flip Flops wrote:

I'm actually terrible at telling the time and hate wearing it because I'm afraid someone will ask!

Is this because you're dyslexic or because you were born in the digital age and weren't taught?

Flip Flops

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 9:53 pm
zaq wrote:
Is this because you're dyslexic or because you were born in the digital age and weren't taught?

Hmmm... neither? I don't know why, I'm just not good at it.
I can read a clock but it takes me an extra five seconds. Like the person will be standing there waiting while I figure out the hour hand vs the minute hand. And of course once I feel pressured it just makes things worse.
I know it's really stupid!

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:28 am
singleagain wrote:
When I used to wear a watch I also used to wear it face in. I don't remember which hand I used to wear it on. I am a righty. At one point I did have a Fitbit and one wrist and my watch on the other. { That's how my dad has it too. I think his watch is on his left to Fitbit is on his right and he is a righty }

Stopped wearing a watch because the ticking would drive me crazy. I can't stand the ticking and I couldn't find a digital watch that I liked or that didn't have all those extra features that I didn't want.

The last watch I got was for my brother's wedding $8.88 George Branch from Walmart. Only because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep pulling up my phone during the wedding. But it also ticked so after the wedding I put it down and that's it.

The ticking only bothers me when I’m lying down and my hand it near my ear.

When the battery dies, I get a new one. I’ve replaced batteries on watches and I find it never works properly again.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics