Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Scared theyll be traumatized
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:01 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Sending toddlers and young children away for 2 weeks when they don’t know what’s going on or where there mommy is is more traumatic than sending an infant out for a few hours a day.

Nope, that's so nowadaysish falsehoods.

Infants cannot express adaquetly what they are thinking. But, they jolly well know when mom is in charge

Children from the age of 1-5 have the most crucial development and those years are the foundation of their emotional and mental health for life. But an infant is much more impressionable than a 4 year old. The younger they are, the more priority they get.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:05 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
I'm genuinely curious to know. What aspect of development is negatively impacted by having a consistent, attentive caregiver 1:1 for a few hours a day who is not the mother?

Most 6 week olds get dumped at a sitter with 8 other kids with one caregiver. Kid lays in the doona all day and bottles get propped.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:34 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
I'm genuinely curious to know. What aspect of development is negatively impacted by having a consistent, attentive caregiver 1:1 for a few hours a day who is not the mother?

1:1??? Most babies aren't getting 1:1 care. They're with 5-6 other babies and are left in the stroller or doona all day and they're not even held when being fed. That's basically stripping babies of crucial needs.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 11:23 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
Living in the same home doesn't have to mean that she's the one taking care of the toddler's needs. I've been in a true emergency situation... Birth is not it.

The kids are most of the day the mother's responsibility.
It's the mother's mental health that needs it.

but... let's agree to disagree.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics