Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Need new fish ideas!

corolla

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 6:24 am
Help! I can't stand salmon anymore after having it every Shabbos, and my family won't eat gefilte fish.
Any other ideas?

lovecouches

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 6:28 am
I started using a fish called barmundi. I don't usually like white fish but this has a really mild taste. I just make it with oil lemon and some spices.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:25 am
You can make branzino, a white mild fish. Or sear some tuna steaks which are delish. If they like sushi you can serve a sushi salad appetizer or kani salad. Or sushi salmon muffins.
https://www.tiktok.com/@hungry.....share

out-of-towner

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:30 am
Can you get Mock Crab? I like to make a Kani salad for the fish course. Sometimes I do Breaded tilapia, I cut the tilapia into small pieces and bread and bake it.
Not so fancy but my kids love when I make Tuna noodles, literally just mix Tuna, mayo, and spices with noodles. If I'm serving it for the fish course I will serve it with some salads and it goes over very well.

Dev80

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:37 am
Herring, lox (both good with crackers)
Sushi salad with kani
Blackened fish using tilapia or something similar (I'm trying a new recipe - from supper again on kosher.com,the fish tacos has a blackened fish there)

groisamomma

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:39 am
out-of-towner wrote:
Can you get Mock Crab? I like to make a Kani salad for the fish course. Sometimes I do Breaded tilapia, I cut the tilapia into small pieces and bread and bake it.
Not so fancy but my kids love when I make Tuna noodles, literally just mix Tuna, mayo, and spices with noodles. If I'm serving it for the fish course I will serve it with some salads and it goes over very well.

Can you please post your Kani salad recipe? With exact instructions for us illiterates. Smile

Thanks!

YounginBP

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 8:34 am
Defrost kani sticks and shred. Try rolling them for easier shredding.
Lettuce base with all or some of these, in match sticks
Avocado
Cucumber
Carrots
Add kani strips
French fried onions
Black and white sesame seeds
Spicy mayo (make your own or ready made)
Sweet teriyaki
Drizzle both sauces on top and enjoy!

honey36

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:19 am
I make Moroccan fish with tilapia. Only good for Friday night though because in a tomato sauce so can't warm up for day seudah.

Also bais Yaakov cookbook has a yummy recipe for garlic herb tilapia. It calls for a butter sauce but I always skip that. Plenty flavour without it

Amarante

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:41 am
Let me know if you want recipes for any of these

Sweet Corn Soup with Imitation Crab or Smoked Salmon

Pecan Crusted Halibut with Dijon Cream Sauce

Haddock Italiano

Sea Bass over Spiced Chickpeas with Confit Cherry Tomatoes and Moroccan Pesto

ahi tuna poke with avocado & rice crackers

Grilled Rainbow Trout with Mushroom Stuffing

SNAPPER FILLETS IN PISTACHIO-MATZOH CRUST

Mushroom-Stuffed Baked Red Snapper

LEMON-HERB ROASTED COD WITH CRISPY GARLIC POTATOES

SALONA | Sweet-and-Sour Fish Casserole with Eggplant and Tomatoes

Horseradish-Crusted Cod With Carrots, Parsnips and Mustard-Dill Drizzle

FISH KEBABS WITH CHRAIME

Lemongrass Fish Cakes with Lime Mayonnaise

TERIYAKI SALMON BUNDLES - yes salmon but a lovely appetizer

I also posted a very good recipe for Salmon Hand Rolls which is easy and not the same preparation

Living Princess

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:46 am
Red snapper is delish

tichellady

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:56 am
I would love the halibut recipe please

Amarante

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 10:05 am
tichellady wrote:
I would love the halibut recipe please

Here you go - be careful not to over cook the halibut as it is not a fatty fish so it dries out

This is obviously a very rich dish with the cream sauce but very good and easy to make - one of those dishes that provides a lot of "bang' as the end result seems like it would be more difficult to make

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons coarse grained Dijon mustard
2 large eggs
1-1/4 cups pecans, finely chopped
1-1/4 cups fresh or dried breadcrumbs
8 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
1/4 cup butter

For the fish:

Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk mustard and eggs in another shallow bowl. Combine pecans and breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.

Dredge each halibut fillet in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip halibut in egg mixture to coat; drain excess. Place halibut in pecan mixture, pressing slightly to coat both sides of the fillet.

Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add fillets, in batches, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, adding additional butter as needed.

Arrange fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until done. Serve with Dijon Cream Sauce.

Dijon Cream Sauce

1 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
1/2 cup coarse grained Dijon mustard
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup fresh tarragon

Combine cream and Dijon mustard in a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly over low heat 3 minutes or until heated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add tarragon and drizzle over halibut.

tichellady

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 10:47 am
Amarante wrote:
Here you go - be careful not to over cook the halibut as it is not a fatty fish so it dries out

This is obviously a very rich dish with the cream sauce but very good and easy to make - one of those dishes that provides a lot of "bang' as the end result seems like it would be more difficult to make

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons coarse grained Dijon mustard
2 large eggs
1-1/4 cups pecans, finely chopped
1-1/4 cups fresh or dried breadcrumbs
8 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
1/4 cup butter

For the fish:

Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk mustard and eggs in another shallow bowl. Combine pecans and breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.

Dredge each halibut fillet in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip halibut in egg mixture to coat; drain excess. Place halibut in pecan mixture, pressing slightly to coat both sides of the fillet.

Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add fillets, in batches, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, adding additional butter as needed.

Arrange fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until done. Serve with Dijon Cream Sauce.

Dijon Cream Sauce

1 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
1/2 cup coarse grained Dijon mustard
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup fresh tarragon

Combine cream and Dijon mustard in a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly over low heat 3 minutes or until heated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add tarragon and drizzle over halibut.

thank you!

yachnabobba

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 11:40 am
Tuna patties
Tuna steak
White fish
Flounder
Tilapia
*** sea bass if you don’t mind a strong flavor
Each of the fish I mentioned can be prepped many ways
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics