Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
How much $ do you usually spend for shavuos flowers?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

How much do you spend on shavuos flowers?
$10-20  
 11%  [ 35 ]
$20-30  
 9%  [ 27 ]
30-40  
 6%  [ 20 ]
$40-50  
 9%  [ 28 ]
50-70  
 8%  [ 25 ]
75-100  
 8%  [ 26 ]
>100  
 12%  [ 36 ]
Less than $10  
 2%  [ 8 ]
We buy fake flowers  
 1%  [ 5 ]
We don't buy flowers  
 17%  [ 51 ]
We use the flowers our kids made at school  
 3%  [ 9 ]
Dh buys the flowers and doesn't tell me the price  
 8%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 295

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:43 am
I'd probably fill up every vase I have if I had the time/creativity. My husband will probably get 2 bunches of roses from costco and I'll probably get a few bunches from trader Joe's as well. Likely in the 100 range cuz were not getting a professional bouquet.

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:51 am
Growing up, my mother would cut branches from the tree outside and hang it all over the place. We used to have flowers for shavuos because our anniversary is a few days before, so my dh would buy. After many years, he noticed that I don’t really care for flowers, so he doesn’t get them anymore. No more flowers for shavuos, which I’m perfectly happy with. My love language is not gifts at all.

Highstrung

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 8:01 am
I like to buy hanging pots of flowers for my screened in porch for the season. It’s my favorite “room” of the house and I spend lots of time there . So I wait until Erev Shavuos and purchase the flowers then.

Inside the house we decorate with faux flowers and garlands. Over a number of years we created a “Shavuos box”, just like we have a Purim costume box and and a Succos decoration box, we have a Shavuos flowers box. The kids love decorating with them. I also don’t feel pressure with them handling the flowers and doing whatever they want with it because they aren’t real and delicate .

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:09 am
I hate when the flowers die so I told my husband to not get me flowers during the year. But for shavous he gets me flowers. Last year it was $15 we’ll see what happens this year

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 9:59 am
I buy only in the Jewish stores even though there isn't a great selection in my smallish community & it's not as cheap as the chain stores. Some things are just more important to me then the best quality for the cheapest.

Surkie

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 10:40 am
I love Trader Joe's flowers, and it's my treat to myself every Shabbos to make a pretty bouquet from their beautiful and fairly inexpensive choices. I have to admit that for Shavuos I go a little crazy. The TJ's in Pikesville knows that the Jewish community here is serious about their Shavuos flowers and stock and re-stock accordingly. Some of us (myself included) are so meshuga with it that we (me) are known to show up at 7:40 AM and start the line for the doors opening at 8:00. The store gets very crowded very quickly. Gotta love TJ's Smile!!!

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 10:45 am
I used to shop in ShopRite and aim for about 30-40. Then they closed down near us (Monsey) so I went to Evergreen and they were super expensive. I felt like I had to curb myself to get a decent selection which anyway came out to about 60. This year I went to Wegmans and I felt like I'm back at ShopRite, for 40 I got enough flowers to make 3 nice bouquets. Plus they're way fresher lookiing.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 10:49 am
Surkie wrote:
I love Trader Joe's flowers, and it's my treat to myself every Shabbos to make a pretty bouquet from their beautiful and fairly inexpensive choices. I have to admit that for Shavuos I go a little crazy. The TJ's in Pikesville knows that the Jewish community here is serious about their Shavuos flowers and stock and re-stock accordingly. Some of us (myself included) are so meshuga with it that we (me) are known to show up at 7:40 AM and start the line for the doors opening at 8:00. The store gets very crowded very quickly. Gotta love TJ's Smile!!!

I was there yesterday and it was packed with frum ladies having fun picking thier yomtov flowers! I rarely buy flowers but if I do thats where I go. For Shavuos I spend about 20-30 and get plenty of beauteiful flowers for that money. BH its so affordable

Surkie

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 10:54 am
I figure if I can't afford jewelry, and my husband is not the flower buying type, and if it's important to me then I should go for it. Cool

cookier

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 12:19 pm
I have to edit mine - went to buy my peonies today and they were up to $30 from $19 last year. I spent $85 on ten stems and fillers Crying

mommyla

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 12:23 pm
I love flowers. I went to Trader Joe's too and got a whole bunch that I arranged myself, plus a gorgeous tropical bunch (my favorite!). Not sure how much I spent because I also bought pizza dough and chocolate chips, but all together it was less than $75.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 12:26 pm
I just received beautiful flowers as a gift, so seems like this year it will be $0!

Highstrung

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 12:30 pm
amother Puce wrote:
I used to shop in ShopRite and aim for about 30-40. Then they closed down near us (Monsey) so I went to Evergreen and they were super expensive. I felt like I had to curb myself to get a decent selection which anyway came out to about 60. This year I went to Wegmans and I felt like I'm back at ShopRite, for 40 I got enough flowers to make 3 nice bouquets. Plus they're way fresher lookiing.

FYI- Shoprite in New City advertised flowers for Shavuos. I’m closer to Wegmans but incase you are closer to New City I wanted to let you know about it .

amother
Pear

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:03 pm
We don’t buy. My husband and I are allergic to pollen and most flowers.
We keep what the kids made but dump it right after YT

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:55 pm
Highstrung wrote:
FYI- Shoprite in New City advertised flowers for Shavuos. I’m closer to Wegmans but incase you are closer to New City I wanted to let you know about it .

Thanks for the FYI, maybe it'll help someone else. I'm 10 minutes from Wegmans but almost half hour to New City.

dena613

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:55 pm
Usually buy flowers for shavuos under $20

This year flowers I bought flowers that cost $30. They are my gift to me 😊

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 6:17 pm
$36 at the grocery

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 6:41 pm
$20 at Trader Joe’s! The frum stores give me migraines erev yom tov.

DVOM

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 6:52 pm
cookier wrote:
I have to edit mine - went to buy my peonies today and they were up to $30 from $19 last year. I spent $85 on ten stems and fillers Crying

I can so relate! I have a soft spot for peonies. They were above budget for me this year.

My husband bought me a beautiful bunch of lavender. A friend came over with an orchid. And I bought myself a big 15$ bouquet of spray roses in pink, red and orange. And my blue hydrangea bush and big pink rhododendron bush are both in bloom. So so so beautiful!!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 7:14 pm
Usually between 10-20. I splurged this year and spent 30 to fill multiple arrangements supplemented by my homegrown assorted flowers.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics