Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mom, what is AI? School is educating....
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 11:37 am
This is what my husband said is the concern. Yeshivah bachurim in the dorm (chassidish) calling these numbers and being exposed to things that are very inappropriate for frum kids. The teens already know about it and are calling it. It's a current issue that they are trying to deal with. They are not out looking for issues.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:55 pm
Op we always so that explaining to kids beforehand and how to deal with it properly is the right way to go.
So even if your kids did t know now, it’s better this way, since they would’ve heard about it shortly.

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:10 pm
👋 I missed the conference. What did they actually tell the parents?

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:19 pm
I used to look up words in a dictionary. A questioning child will always find a way to get the answers. Library, google etc. We have to educate our children to love the torah, and bond with them so they ask us their questions etc. Its to to reevaluate the methods used bec. it is impossible to stop it now.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:20 pm
We must assur de ban
Mir forning un zain vuz iz hitzlshtetl

They wanted to ban trains that can take you outside the shtetl
Horrendous Shrelach

amother
Stone

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I barely understand what chatGPT and AI is, and my young kids are getting an education about it in school.

My husband just told me to use ChatGPT for wording for my resume. I had no idea what he’s talking about. I thought I was computer savvy, but I guess not?

pause

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
This is what my husband said is the concern. Yeshivah bachurim in the dorm (chassidish) calling these numbers and being exposed to things that are very inappropriate for frum kids. The teens already know about it and are calling it. It's a current issue that they are trying to deal with. They are not out looking for issues.

Please fill me in. I'm really curious what those things might be. I don't get the hysteria, but maybe I'm just naive about what kind of information can be accessed there. Do tell.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 4:28 pm
pause wrote:
Please fill me in. I'm really curious what those things might be. I don't get the hysteria, but maybe I'm just naive about what kind of information can be accessed there. Do tell.

Curse words, inappropriate s-xual things etc.. You basically ask it something and it can answer anything back.

pause

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 4:32 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Curse words, inappropriate s-xual things etc.. You basically ask it something and it can answer anything back.

I haven't called it myself, but I understood that it's family friendly, IOW, it will not use curse words or discuss inappropriate zxual things. (Depending on your definition of inappropriate, obviously.)

Do you know for a fact that these are things it will talk about? Or are you explaining what the fear is (even though it might not be based on reality)?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics