Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Best place to buy silver

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:22 pm
I beH have two (!!!!!) Simchas upcoming and will have to buy a number of silver pieces (two sets of candlesticks, plus a becher, and a menorah). Where's the best place to shop in Brooklyn? I'll be paying cash and purchasing several pieces and want to get a good deal.

weinberg35

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:23 pm
Silver Town Best prices and amazing customer service..located 13 ave and 46 street

amother
Natural

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:24 pm
Elite you'll find the nicest pieces for the amount of money you want to spend.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:55 pm
Thanks! Years ago I went somewhere in a basement in BP...but I don't recall where or what it was called. Anyone know where that may have been and if that's worth a shot?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:22 am
Grand sterling in Flatbush on avenue j has really nice stuff and the sales people aren’t pushy and very accommodating..

mommy1000

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Years ago I went somewhere in a basement in BP...but I don't recall where or what it was called. Anyone know where that may have been and if that's worth a shot?

Empire silver 46 15/16

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:35 am
amother OP wrote:

King Silver
1450 42nd St.
I think their pricing is very reasonable. Good luck!

tweety1

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:03 am
Both elite and town are quite expensive. Empire is much more reasonable than those 2. I don't know about king.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:15 am
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Grand sterling in Flatbush on avenue j has really nice stuff and the sales people aren’t pushy and very accommodating..

This reminded me of my experience with them 30+ years ago. My mother and I, MO out of towners, spent a day shopping in Borough Park before my wedding. In a few stores, the staff ignored us, and some spoke about us in Yiddish, trying to decide what price to give us. They didn't know that we understood every word.

At Grand Sterling, the prices were clearly marked, the staff were friendly and helpful, and we were treated as well as anyone in the store. I still appreciate the service, and I recommended them whenever I could.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:23 am
amother OP wrote:

Empire silver store

weinberg35

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:50 am
Grand is actually a very expensive place to shop everyone knows that

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:44 am
What is the price of candlesticks I need to buy for a kallah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries