Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
American gifts for Israeli cousin
Previous  1  2

juggling

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:09 am
Reality wrote:
Amazon US has much lower prices than Amazon Israel.

And when I lived in the US, I always price compared Amazon and Walmart. And most times Walmart is cheaper.

There's an Amazon Israel? When I order I order from the US site. It's the exact site they show you if you're in America. Sometimes I have things delivered to a relative in the US, and sometimes I change my shipping address to Israel. Not everything is available for free shipping to Israel, but I've never noticed a price difference depending on where I ship things.

Reality

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:18 am
juggling wrote:
There's an Amazon Israel? When I order I order from the US site. It's the exact site they show you if you're in America. Sometimes I have things delivered to a relative in the US, and sometimes I change my shipping address to Israel. Not everything is available for free shipping to Israel, but I've never noticed a price difference depending on where I ship things.

You are right. I meant products that ship to Israel. Most of the best priced items don't ship to Israel. If they do, it doesn't include free shipping. So after paying for shipping, it's not so well priced anymore!

LovesHashem

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:36 am
Reality wrote:
You are right. I meant products that ship to Israel. Most of the best priced items don't ship to Israel. If they do, it doesn't include free shipping. So after paying for shipping, it's not so well priced anymore!

Things switch from free to paid shipping all the time. I have gotten some really good deals like 7 dollars for 3 silicone bibs. Things randomly come up for free shipping and when they switch over I but immediately. You have to have some luck and keep checking items.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:49 am
Reality wrote:
The price of toys and games on Amazon Israel is way more expensive then actual US prices.

I also think toys, board games and books. Also, artscroll siddurim and seforim are sooo expensive here. So maybe that's something they would appreciate also.

Have you checked the Artscroll website in english and hebrew?
I compared the prices in NIS vs USD for a sefer tehilim in the beginning of 2023 and there wasn't much difference AFAIK.
Don't forget about shavua/chodesh has ever Haivri where all the stores and chains have massive sales.
Usually in and of June I think

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:53 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Gone are the days where you need to bring tuna or toilet paper to Israel. The are geographically closer to China! Bring a gift like you would to an American unless there is something specific you know that they like. Enjoy your trip!

Tuna? As in Starkist tuna? But toilet paper? Speechless
We have always had toilet paper over here AFAIK. We had the famous egg crisis a few years ago around Pesach but I've never heard of toilet paper crisis...

Reality

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:59 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Have you checked the Artscroll website in english and hebrew?
I compared the prices in NIS vs USD for a sefer tehilim in the beginning of 2023 and there wasn't much difference AFAIK.
Don't forget about shavua/chodesh has ever Haivri where all the stores and chains have massive sales.
Usually in and of June I think

I have not checked artscrolls website, just the local seforim stores and they are astronomically expensive.

juggling

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:19 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Tuna? As in Starkist tuna? But toilet paper? Speechless
We have always had toilet paper over here AFAIK. We had the famous egg crisis a few years ago around Pesach but I've never heard of toilet paper crisis...

Back in the 70s and 80s the quality of the toilet paper in Israel was awful, so people would bring it in their suitcases if they could fit.

juggling

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:22 am
Reality wrote:
I have not checked artscrolls website, just the local seforim stores and they are astronomically expensive.

Iirc artscroll policy is that their prices in Israel are the same as their prices in America, plus VAT. VAT is 17% last I checked, so that does make a difference. Though as someone mentioned there are sales, usually I think around chanukah and in June. So it's worth buying when things are on sale.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:29 am
I think there are a bunch of medications that are over the counter in the US and are prescription in Israel.

juggling

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:49 am
juggling wrote:
Iirc artscroll policy is that their prices in Israel are the same as their prices in America, plus VAT. VAT is 17% last I checked, so that does make a difference. Though as someone mentioned there are sales, usually I think around chanukah and in June. So it's worth buying when things are on sale.

I just saw a note that artscroll sale week is this week Smile

amother
Steel

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:41 pm
My cousins love getting linen.
Also playmobil and fisher price for the kids.
Designer button down shirts if you know sizing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions