Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Ordered a fancy cheesecake
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

sub

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
It was actually just delivered. Although apparently a different item than what I ordered because of a quality issue?

YayšŸ‘šŸ˜€
Is it a nice fancy one?
Enjoy your Yom Tov

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:57 pm
or they ran out of the product that you ordered, or it was the last one left in the delivery van. if it makes no difference to you, great. but they should tell you they're replacing it etc. not just send you what they have without giving you a chance to cancel and order elsewhere.

I wonder if anyone ever got an order this late and it wasn't a mess-up.
last years flower was not what was ordered and in terrible condition
One year my flowers were a mix of different color themes. was terrible (different florist) . also came 1/2 hour before the zman.
I'd rather just go to the corner these days and buy my stuff, bec. the ordering and waiting for delivery gives me anxiety.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:19 pm
Double post

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:20 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
or they ran out of the product that you ordered, or it was the last one left in the delivery van. if it makes no difference to you, great. but they should tell you they're replacing it etc. not just send you what they have without giving you a chance to cancel and order elsewhere.

I wonder if anyone ever got an order this late and it wasn't a mess-up.
last years flower was not what was ordered and in terrible condition
One year my flowers were a mix of different color themes. was terrible (different florist) . also came 1/2 hour before the zman.
I'd rather just go to the corner these days and buy my stuff, bec. the ordering and waiting for delivery gives me anxiety.

The letter addressed to me inside said the batch was not up to their quality standards. I would have liked my original order. I guess Iā€™ll wait and see though. This also looks good.

imasinger

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:30 pm
I'm glad you got something delicious in the end. Enjoy!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
The letter addressed to me inside said the batch was not up to their quality standards. I would have liked my original order. I guess Iā€™ll wait and see though. This also looks good.

Enjoy.... (and sound like they need some help with customer service, you should have been notified of an updated delivery date).

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:58 pm
If it's not your original order you deserve a refund regardless, because perhaps u would have opted out of the new variety and that's not fair.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:14 pm
I am in the same boat but with fancy cheese I ordered. I was just notified it is coming tomorrow! Am I even allowed to refrigerate it or so I have to leave it in the package until after shabbos?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:17 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
I am in the same boat but with fancy cheese I ordered. I was just notified it is coming tomorrow! Am I even allowed to refrigerate it or so I have to leave it in the package until after shabbos?

I was told Iā€™m allowed to open packages I need for shabbos/yt

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:20 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Enjoy.... (and sound like they need some help with customer service, you should have been notified of an updated delivery date).

If I or someone in my family were allergic to nuts, I would probably have to make a big deal. But weā€™re not. So Iā€™ll just say it wasnā€™t a super sound business decision.

Busybee5

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 5:36 pm
Frustrating! At least it came before Yt. I ordered flowers twice from the same florist (not Jewish owned) and they never came at all. I was so angry. Since then I just buy a bunch of flowers from a supermarket!, save myself some money too.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 6:46 pm
So how how was the cheesecake?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 8:04 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
So how how was the cheesecake?

No one was a fan. We had ordered something we knew our entire family would like and they sent something else. There is one sliver missing from it.

asmileaday

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 8:15 pm
You should definitely request a refund.

ittsamother

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 8:32 pm
asmileaday wrote:
You should definitely request a refund.

I second this motion. How disappointing for you.

amother
Latte

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 8:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
No one was a fan. We had ordered something we knew our entire family would like and they sent something else. There is one sliver missing from it.

Well, I made a simple cheesecake with caramel topping and I ate way too much. I feel sick and probably gained a few poundsā€¦
But Iā€™m sorry you splurged and didnā€™t get what you really ordered. No excuse for that.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 8:57 pm
There is literally no reason they didnā€™t reach out to you in advance when they knew yours wasnā€™t going to be available to ask you what you wanted: replacement or refund. Iā€™m
So annoyed for you, OP

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:12 pm
yeah please ask for your refund.
This is annoying. And bad customer service for sure.

ShishKabob

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:13 am
amother Rose wrote:
Op last night I made a recipe that my husband likes. I made doubles of it and was so excited. Well guess what I left it in the oven overnight by mistake so itā€™s ruined. I was feeling like you probably feel, guilty upset frustrated etc but I reminded myself itā€™s ALL from Hashem and it was meant to be and I am human and make mistakes and Iā€™m also allowed to feel disappointedā€¦

It should be a kaparah!
dont do that next time. I left mine in the oven overnight on purpose to cool off. Was delicious! Hugs!

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:20 am
Ask for a refund, this is not what you ordered.

(But if you had liked it, I would have let it go.)
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics