Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Leben, do you refrigerate open lebens?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:17 pm
If yes, what’s the longest you’d refrigerate it?

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:18 pm
You mean once someone already started eating from it? Not a great idea since germs grow much faster once the leben is exposed to bacteria from the mouth. I wouldn't keep from more than a day Crying

amother
Broom

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:20 pm
2-3 days

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
You mean once someone already started eating from it? Not a great idea since germs grow much faster once the leben is exposed to bacteria from the mouth. I wouldn't keep from more than a day Crying

Thanks for pointing that out

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:22 pm
amother Broom wrote:
2-3 days

Ty! When I mentioned to someone that I refrigerate it for no longer than overnight, she thought I was crazy that I don’t discard it but rather store it away

amother
Broom

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ty! When I mentioned to someone that I refrigerate it for no longer than overnight, she thought I was crazy that I don’t discard it but rather store it away

Of course you should save it! They’re expensive. Just don’t save it forever.

greenteaorange

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:28 pm
2 days

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 10:39 pm
Thanks all!

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:16 pm
I don't give little kids an entire leben or yogurt. I dish some out into a small vessel, and when they finish that, they can have more. It amazes me that people give a toddler a whole container when they know full well the kid will have three spoonfuls and the rest will go in the trash.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:19 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
I don't give little kids an entire leben or yogurt. I dish some out into a small vessel, and when they finish that, they can have more. It amazes me that people give a toddler a whole container when they know full well the kid will have three spoonfuls and the rest will go in the trash.

Just because your toddler doesn't finish it, it doesn't mean that all toddlers don't finish it.....

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:58 pm
I keep mine for days..
Why is it unhygienic?

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:02 pm
For me, the biggest issue is that they tend to spill in the fridge!
Though if you poke a straw through the top instead of opening the lid, your chances of not spilling improve.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:05 pm
amother Lime wrote:
Just because your toddler doesn't finish it, it doesn't mean that all toddlers don't finish it.....

Read my post--I said IDK why they give the kid the whole thing when they know they won't finish . Parents usually have a pretty good idea of their kids' eating habits and they know which kids can be counted on to quit after a few bite and which are likely to eat the whole thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen