Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/O shabbos morning menu - interesting meals you received
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
I suppose YOU wouldn't mind getting a kugel that was missing a piece. YOU would of course say "Hey, her yingaleh must have begged for a piece, so of COURSE she had to give him a piece to show she loves him. His happiness is paramount, he's the most important person in the world, so what if she gives me something that looks like it was a mistake. " I'll bet.

I wouldn’t mind bc I’d totally realize that one of her kids for sure just took without asking /realizing it was for someone else. I’d laugh it off

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:12 pm
My kids favorite food is liver! They would eat it for every single meal if I would let them. If I forget to buy liver one shabbos, woe is to me lol.

I live in a very large development. I had a baby recently and every single neighbor made something for shabbos. It was coordinated and we got a complete shabbos just by each person cooking one extra thing. It was so nice and we felt so cared for and loved.

I was once in the hospital over shavuos. Erev shavuos a huge box arrived at the hospital full of all the foods my siblings had prepared for us for Yom Tov. They included tablecloths and paper goods, everything! Too bad I was too sick to enjoy it….DH really did though!

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:29 pm
Lol this talk about liver is funny. I’m super super picky and happen to love liver. But I wouldn’t ever send it as main part of a meal. If I was sending shabbos I might send it as a dip but nothing more than that.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:33 pm
Liver isn't only done as a dip.

I fry it up in pieces with LOTS of onions & spices and everyones loves it that way.

But, I only serve it on Shabbos.

For Yom Tov, I sometimes make a stir-fry with chicken & liver and that goes down really well too.

It's too expensive to serve as a main for dinner, otherwise maybe we would consider it? It costs a lot more than chicken and schnitzel per pound.

heidi

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:40 am
I just realized this is still being discussed.
So turkey legs definitely falls under the category of first time mother, after c- section, hormonal and tired. I hate turkey legs. If there had been any sort of side I could have been happy. In retrospect I realize that my reaction was due to all of the above .
But liver in puff pastry? I love liver. Puff pastry literally makes me nauseous. And kudos to families where kids eat anything. My kids wouldn't touch liver, and as I see from the responses they certainly weren't the only ones.
I did appreciate the offer and the willingness to help. But a drop of seichel can also be helpful.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:59 pm
one neighbor sent me hot potato kugel every erev shabbos for a month! you can't imagine how much we loved that. I said something to her years later and she didn't even remember. but it was a huge deal to us.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:01 pm
for years I volunteered for an organization that made meals for families after childbirth and and each time I had to say what I was sending. I was told this family wanted parve food so I sent fresh bread, a soup, salad and brownies.

the mother called me, thanked me and said everything was fresh but her kids wouldn't eat it. she asked for lasagna or something similar for another night which I gladly sent. I am not sure why she requested food that her family wouldn't eat though .....

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:12 pm
My family could have been the family you described besides for the fact that we never make bread.
My family doesn’t know or appreciate good food. They’re all quite thin.

I got married thinking that a piece of meat cooked in oven at 350 in a pan with some canned string beans was a feast.

My husband is quite a foodie. And I quickly learned how to make more elaborate foods.

I wish I could be thin again from when I had no appetite and was full after eating a cucumber.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette