Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Bracha in Monsey: TIME SENSITIVE
Previous  1  2

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 7:32 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
This year my son had a 72 year old rebbe, he was abusive from day one. My son is 4th grade and bh I never had any problems w him, suddenly the teacher saw adhd, autism, add, learning disabilities, and teacher also hit him w a stick( my hub happened to drop off my son's missing siddur and saw from the window the rebbe hitting him, hewas so shocked that he just went into the car to regulate himself so he wont explode in public at this rebbe ) he confronted the rebbe that night and the rebbe denied the hitting. When my hub told him he saw from the window the teacher started badmouthing my son. Mind you, the principal said this is the best rebbe. The next day that teacher told my son I will hit you as much as I want , ur father thinks he will control me. To make a very long and painful story short , where the teacher kept bullying and name calling him publicly, and emotional abuse beyond imagination, my son was home for around 2 weeks till the cheder finally agreed to switch him class. Of coarse they told me it never happened before w this teacher( although another parent called me up and said her son is miserable and asked how I succeeded to get him into a different class)

Which yeshiva was this?

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 7:33 am
amother Hunter wrote:
Is this the litvishe school bnos bracha or the stolen school?

Not the stolin school.
Stolin school opened this year and only has nursery & kindergarten.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 7:34 am
amother Hunter wrote:
Which yeshiva was this?

Why u asking ?

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 7:38 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Why u asking ?

Because I was told that there is a yeshiva in Monsey that in the past has hit, but supposedly does not anymore.
I may be desperate and send there and if this is a recent story, I will obviously not do so or come prepared to switch classes

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 7:41 am
amother Hunter wrote:
Because I was told that there is a yeshiva in Monsey that in the past has hit, but supposedly does not anymore.
I may be desperate and send there and if this is a recent story, I will obviously not do so or come prepared to switch classes

It's not in monsey

cocomelon

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 10:51 am
My daughter was in 6th grade at the time. The only reason she was in the school to begin with is bc I have a larger family who’d already been through most schools in Monsey. None of the kids were easy, and by the time dd was old enough for school, Bnos bracha was the only one that would take her. I have no excuse for allowing the punishment to go on, but I will say that the principal brainwashed me, and dd made the best of her situation so she didn’t seem too upset to me. This wasn’t even the worst of what had happened in that school, but dd moved on.

Fast forward to the summer before dd started 10th grade. We started to see a psychiatrist and that’s when we became aware of the horrors our children went through, and the “invisible” damage. I immediately spoke to our Rav who instructed my husband and I to remove our 12 year old son, even if it meant he’d be homeschooled (as mentioned above, no schools would take my family). He now does a few learning programs and has a rebbe learn with him daily.

The school has boys and girls together until 2nd or 3rd grade, when the boys move to a different building (run by the principal’s husband). I wish I had the time to take legal action and hopefully get the school shut down, but I’m incredibly occupied lately. I plan to do something as soon as I have a spare minute.

About the pros I gave on the school, my daughter has chosen to focus on the benefits, to enable herself to move on in life without the bitterness.

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 5:10 pm
I know a family that attended the school. It’s destructive. The students come out very unhealthy. Extremely poorly run school and some abuse.
The parents who send there are usually brainwashed by the principal.

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 5:13 pm
cocomelon wrote:
My daughter was in 6th grade at the time. The only reason she was in the school to begin with is bc I have a larger family who’d already been through most schools in Monsey. None of the kids were easy, and by the time dd was old enough for school, Bnos bracha was the only one that would take her. I have no excuse for allowing the punishment to go on, but I will say that the principal brainwashed me, and dd made the best of her situation so she didn’t seem too upset to me. This wasn’t even the worst of what had happened in that school, but dd moved on.

Fast forward to the summer before dd started 10th grade. We started to see a psychiatrist and that’s when we became aware of the horrors our children went through, and the “invisible” damage. I immediately spoke to our Rav who instructed my husband and I to remove our 12 year old son, even if it meant he’d be homeschooled (as mentioned above, no schools would take my family). He now does a few learning programs and has a rebbe learn with him daily.

The school has boys and girls together until 2nd or 3rd grade, when the boys move to a different building (run by the principal’s husband). I wish I had the time to take legal action and hopefully get the school shut down, but I’m incredibly occupied lately. I plan to do something as soon as I have a spare minute.

About the pros I gave on the school, my daughter has chosen to focus on the benefits, to enable herself to move on in life without the bitterness.

I am so sorry for what your family went through. Sounds like DD is very mature and growth oriented. The principal deserves zero credit.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 6:01 pm
I worked there a little.
Children who are in the school are there because they have significant issues which other schools will not address.
I have never seen abusive behaviors.
Based on what I saw I would think that your daughter probably had behavioral issues severe enough that she wasn’t able to consistently be in class, and so they gave her the job of “helping” in a younger grade.
Obviously I don’t know who you are, but it just doesn’t make sense to me. I was there. These are kids who cannot manage in a typical environment, but I always saw them be gentle.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 1:56 pm
Mindfully wrote:
Can you give me an example of the bizarre punishments?

The principal would sometimes take kids to her house without calling the parents as a punishment. They would usually be there for a few hours. Happened to my dd as well as some other kids. They were also into public humiliation.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:18 pm
Is this the same school as eitz chaim?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:20 pm
amother Peach wrote:
Is this the same school as eitz chaim?

Yeah

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:36 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Yeah

Does the boys school have these same issues and punishment/abuse? Saw it advertised and couldn't find any info on the school. Was going to look into it for my lower elementary son

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:47 pm
amother Peach wrote:
Does the boys school have these same issues and punishment/abuse? Saw it advertised and couldn't find any info on the school. Was going to look into it for my lower elementary son

I think so, but I don't have any kids there so I can’t say for sure. (I know they have a rebbe there who hit the kids at one point, but idk how prevalent it was.) The management of the girls/boys schools is mostly the same tho, so I’m guessing the two schools are pretty similar.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
I think so, but I don't have any kids there so I can’t say for sure. (I know they have a rebbe there who hit the kids at one point, but idk how prevalent it was.) The management of the girls/boys schools is mostly the same tho, so I’m guessing the two schools are pretty similar.

Thank you

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:43 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

This makes zero sense to me.
I would strongly recommend anyone looking into it go see it. They’re extremely into discussing/ verbalizing and really don’t tolerate anything physical even among the young children.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics