Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Org for small home repairs that used to be husband's job? BP

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 11:22 pm
a couple of weeks ago I saw ads for an organization to help widows with small jobs fixing day to day things around the house. I can’t remember the name. anybody have that ad?
Also, can I call them if I'm divorced, not widowed?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 6:44 pm
call sephardic bikur cholim

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 6:54 pm
Where did you see the ad?

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:09 pm
Could it have been an article in a magazine interviewing someone about this organization? I think I remember something.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:50 pm
misaskim has this service but im pretty sure its only for widows..

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:53 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
Could it have been an article in a magazine interviewing someone about this organization? I think I remember something.

Someone made a discussion here if she should open up such an organization. Boys helping the women.

I found it!
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....01044

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 7:54 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Someone made a discussion here if she should open up such an organization. Boys helping the women.

I'm pretty sure I saw an article. Maybe an org in Israel? Maybe I'm mistaken.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 8:03 pm
I worked in social services and used to help clients get this service. I totally forgot the name of it. Call Met Council or Cojo of Flatbush in the senior department and they should be able to give you the info. I think the program runs through met council but I totally forgot the name!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Where did you see the ad?

I think in the Mishpacha

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Orange wrote:
call sephardic bikur cholim

Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:40 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

I found it!
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....01044

Thank you
I started reading but it's too long and they didn't mention anything practical, I hope she'll open it ... Meanwhile my house is falling apart (lol small things but really hard when it's on top of another million struggles)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I worked in social services and used to help clients get this service. I totally forgot the name of it. Call Met Council or Cojo of Flatbush in the senior department and they should be able to give you the info. I think the program runs through met council but I totally forgot the name!

I will try
Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:22 am
Hi so I found this amazing organization (not the one I was looking for) and I wanted to share with single mothers
I copy pasted the message:

Attention all single moms: there is a database of people that are willing to volunteer their time/skills/expertise to help with a variety of needs you may have. Some examples are but not limited to handy work around the house, heavy shlepping, toiveling, babysitting, financial advice, putting up a sukka, emergency errands….. please save my number and reach out to me 9174450052. This isn’t a pity chessed thing, it is much needed and is being done in all cities and we encourage you to use this to make life a bit easier for you!
My name is Shavy Simcha and I’ve recently started a chessed group for single moms in Brooklyn, lilui nishmas my grandmother R’ Aidel Vitte a”H. It’s similar to chaveirim, but more
diverse.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi so I found this amazing organization (not the one I was looking for) and I wanted to share with single mothers

Attention all single moms: there is a database of people that are willing to volunteer their time/skills/expertise to help with a variety of needs you may have. Some examples are but not limited to handy work around the house, heavy shlepping, toiveling, babysitting, financial advice, putting up a sukka, emergency errands….. please save my number and reach out to me 9174450052. This isn’t a pity chessed thing, it is much needed and is being done in all cities and we encourage you to use this to make life a bit easier for you!
My name is Shavy Simcha and I’ve recently started a chessed group for single moms in Brooklyn, lilui nishmas my grandmother R’ Aidel Vitte a”H. It’s similar to chaveirim, but more
diverse.

That's amazing! What did they help you with?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:20 am
amother Geranium wrote:
That's amazing! What did they help you with?

The guy came within 10 minutes, replaced a broken shower head and fixed another small thing
It was a huge help! (I couldn't shower normally nor bathe my kids for 2 weeks)
There was another thing I wanted help with but was embarrassed to ask bc it wasn't an emergency (though they encourage to ask for anything)

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:37 am
Wow, mi ke'amcha Yisrael! I'm so happy you got the help you needed.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:41 am
Nachzik chazak.

DVOM

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:16 am
amother OP wrote:

diverse.

Wow! This is incredible!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries