Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Washing a fall myself??

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:26 pm
Prices have gone up for all these services. Can someone please explain how I wash it myself without ruining it?? I have never tried before.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:32 pm
Wash it using gentle shampoo, rub the shampoo in as you would do your own hair let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes in the shampoo.

Rinse out shampoo and do conditioner just not on the top part, let it sit in the conditioner for about an hour if you want it smooth and silky and then just rinse it out.

After, pat it dry with a hand towel and brush it out and hang it up or leave it rolled in a towel and keep brushing so it stays smooth.

I wash all my wigs myself can't afford to bring them out. The last time I gave a wig out was over 12 years ago and that was on a rare occasion been doing them myself for a very very long time.

It's fun, and a great way to learn a new skill and save money.

I get creative with my wigs I do different styles all the time.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:35 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
Wash it using gentle shampoo, rub the shampoo in as you would do your own hair let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes in the shampoo.

Rinse out shampoo and do conditioner just not on the top part, let it sit in the conditioner for about an hour if you want it smooth and silky and then just rinse it out.

After, pat it dry with a hand towel and brush it out and hang it up or leave it rolled in a towel and keep brushing so it stays smooth.

I wash all my wigs myself can't afford to bring them out. The last time I gave a wig out was over 12 years ago and that was on a rare occasion been doing them myself for a very very long time.

Thank you! Always wondered myself. This was great. ☺️

lucky14

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:38 pm
I’m too worried about ruining my wigs. Is there anything that would totally mess them up? Any tips of things to make sure not to do?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:14 pm
That’s a great question. I’m also wondering the same thing!

lucky14 wrote:
I’m too worried about ruining my wigs. Is there anything that would totally mess them up? Any tips of things to make sure not to do?

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:21 pm
https://youtu.be/O8h11GGTso4

lucky14

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:31 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
https://youtu.be/O8h11GGTso4

That was very informative. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:00 am
This worked, thank you!!

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:07 am

I know this is an old thread but my fall needs a wash very badly.
After doing all of this and they are dry do you style your wigs ?
Do you blow them out?
Thx

kugelEater

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:11 am
a couple tips:
make sure to keep the conditioner away from the roots, it can loosen the knots.
when shampooing the wig, rub in a downward motion ONLY.

air dried is in now, so you really don't need to style it unless its frizzy.

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:11 am
amother Bone wrote:
I know this is an old thread but my fall needs a wash very badly.
After doing all of this and they are dry do you style your wigs ?
Do you blow them out?
Thx

I braid it wet so it dries with crimps. I always get compliments how great it looks.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:26 am
amother Peru wrote:
I braid it wet so it dries with crimps. I always get compliments how great it looks.

Are they thick or skinny braids?
The bottem of Sheitel looks ok to wear when it’s dry ?
I’d totoally try this….

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:37 am
amother Bone wrote:
Are they thick or skinny braids?
The bottem of Sheitel looks ok to wear when it’s dry ?
I’d totoally try this….

I do skinny braids but either one works depending on what type of crimps you like. Why wouldn't the bottom of the sheitel look ok? Braids it all the way down. If it's too much for your liking brush it out a bit when it's dry.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:47 am
I just did mine this week.
I braided it into 3 braids on Friday afternoon. Then on motzei Shabbat I took my straightener and “straightened” the braids to lock the style in place. Then I this morning I took the braids out and brushed it through with a wide tooth comb - very gently.
Also added a bit of serum.
It comes really natural beach waves look

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:25 am
amother Currant wrote:
I just did mine this week.
I braided it into 3 braids on Friday afternoon. Then on motzei Shabbat I took my straightener and “straightened” the braids to lock the style in place. Then I this morning I took the braids out and brushed it through with a wide tooth comb - very gently.
Also added a bit of serum.
It comes really natural beach waves look

Gonna try this!
Thx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels