Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are you happy with your tempurpedic mattress? is it

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:03 am
best for back pain? Which model do you have? Are there any other brands that are good for back pain?

Amarante

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:06 am
Have you slept on one?

They are truly a love or hate kind of thing.

When I replaced my mattress, I spent a lot of time researching and went in person to test mattresses. I hated temperpedic but my neighbor loves it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

I love my current mattress but I love my adjustable bed even more. My mattress has a latex comfort layer and it feels like a supportive cloud. πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈπŸ˜ŒπŸ˜Œ

zoom

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:07 am
Amarante wrote:
Have you slept on one?

They are truly a love or hate kind of thing.

When I replaced my mattress, I spent a lot of time researching and went in person to test mattresses. I hated temperpedic but my neighbor loves it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

I love my current mattress but I love my adjustable bed even more. My mattress has a latex comfort layer and it feels like a supportive cloud. πŸ™‡β€β™€οΈπŸ˜ŒπŸ˜Œ

I dont know what a temperpedic matress is, but THIS sounds like heaven!

Amarante

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:08 am
zoom wrote:
I dont know what a temperpedic matress is, but THIS sounds like heaven!

Temperpedic is a high end memory foam mattress.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:15 am
I am happy with mine.
BUT once I got used to it, whenever I sleep on a different mattress it feels like I'm sleeping on a wooden board LOL

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:18 am
amarante, which mattress do you have?

grateful2bmom

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:56 am
I have the tempurpedic mattress with the adjustable bed. I don’t know what model I have but I absolutely love it!
However, different people like different kinds of mattresses- soft/hard etc.
Before I got my new mattresses I did a lot of research and physically lay down on the mattresses to feel how comfortable it would be for me.

Amarante

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
amarante, which mattress do you have?

Mine is a local brand so recommendation wouldn't be meaningful. If you are located in Southern California, I can recommend a fabulous mattress store - even owned by a frum man,

Even if I had a national brand, it wouldn't be helpful because Sealy and Posturepedic and other national brands have all kinds of names and some are only sold in one chain,

What you should do if a mattress is important is educate yourself on types of mattresss - broadly speaking there is memory foam like Temperpedic, traditional spring coil and latex or what I have which is a bit of a hybrid with latex over high density foam (NOT memory foam)

Within those categories there are some hallmarks of quality construction and when you go to a mattress store you can ask your salesperson although for the most part they aren't that knowledgeable in my experience,

Memory foam is very distinctive - you either love it or hate it.

Take the time to try out different mattresses and be prepared to lie on them for a period of time so you can see exactly what it would be like to sleep.

But as I said originally, without the adjustable bed frame my bed wouldn't be nearly as great to sleep in

amother
Maize

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:31 pm
Amarante wrote:
Mine is a local brand so recommendation wouldn't be meaningful. If you are located in Southern California, I can recommend a fabulous mattress store - even owned by a frum man,

Even if I had a national brand, it wouldn't be helpful because Sealy and Posturepedic and other national brands have all kinds of names and some are only sold in one chain,

What you should do if a mattress is important is educate yourself on types of mattresss - broadly speaking there is memory foam like Temperpedic, traditional spring coil and latex or what I have which is a bit of a hybrid with latex over high density foam (NOT memory foam)

Within those categories there are some hallmarks of quality construction and when you go to a mattress store you can ask your salesperson although for the most part they aren't that knowledgeable in my experience,

Memory foam is very distinctive - you either love it or hate it.

Take the time to try out different mattresses and be prepared to lie on them for a period of time so you can see exactly what it would be like to sleep.

But as I said originally, without the adjustable bed frame my bed wouldn't be nearly as great to sleep in

Would love the recommendation for a mattress store in LA please??

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:37 pm
Why do some love memory foam or hate it? is it too soft and not firm?

amother
Stone

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:16 pm
I have the 3330 Therapedic Backsense Cloud Comfort Firm (8625/B9)
It is sooo comfortable. I got it 7 years ago and I am so happy with it. I woke up with terrible back pain until I got this mattress. A few family members also bought it and are thrilled.
But you really have to try a mattress for yourself to see how it feels for you.
I bought it from Friedmans in Lakewood but others also sell it.

Amarante

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:25 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Would love the recommendation for a mattress store in LA please??

Legacy Mattress - Joseph. the owner, is amazing. I told him how I wanted my mattress to feel and he recommended a mattress. I tried a few other mattresses and even went home to think about it. Then I came back - tried several mattresses and bought the one he had recommended first

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....21772

3757 Overland Ave
Los Angeles CA 90034

(310) 876-1289

It is a few stores north of Venice Boulevard

Amarante

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why do some love memory foam or hate it? is it too soft and not firm?

It is a memory foam mattress - if you have never been on a memory foam mattress, you need to check it out in person.

It envelopes you and some people find it very hard to shift position

Also some people feel too hot in it because of the way you sink into it and so it kind of envelopes your skin. Temperpedic has come out with models that are "cooler"

But some people love the way the mattress fees.

nicole81

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:42 pm
There are tons of tempurpedic models so it's kind of hard to say you love or hate them if you haven't tried them all. They have foam ranging from disgustingly soft imo to as hard as a board. I had one where the hardness was 6/10. I really loved it and after 11 years, passed it onto my 18 yo who loves it too. But, I really wanted a more firm one. I do have back issues and there was one firmer model that felt amazing, but I simply couldnt afford it at the price point at the time.

They're definitely worth it in terms of warranty. You have full coverage and full money back for the first ten years, and then the last ten years are prorated. So it makes up for its price there.

That said, I changed my bed size a year ago and didn't want to spend, so I got a firm gel memory foam bobopedic and ive been happy with it. Im sure it wont last as long and be able to be passed on, but the price is just a fraction of tempurpedic.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:07 pm
Tempurpedic also sells mattress toppers. It’s a great option without spending as much money. I have one, which I love.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:39 am
Amarante wrote:
It is a memory foam mattress - if you have never been on a memory foam mattress, you need to check it out in person.

It envelopes you and some people find it very hard to shift position

Also some people feel too hot in it because of the way you sink into it and so it kind of envelopes your skin. Temperpedic has come out with models that are "cooler"

But some people love the way the mattress fees.
never used one, from your description I'm not sure it it would be comfortable.

Amarante

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:45 am
amother OP wrote:
never used one, from your description I'm not sure it it would be comfortable.

It is foolish to buy ANY mattress without trying it out but it is insane to buy a memory foam mattress without having tried it because it is a very different feel than other mattresses.

As you see from this thread people love it or hate it.

Other people really love their memory foam mattress - I hated the way it felt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics