Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos Esther Malka
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:53 pm
Can anyone share anything about this school? Do they have a primary? What grade is oldest? If they go up to 8th, what high schools do they send to? how many of the 8th graders get into high school? anything else you know that can help us decide if this school might be a good fit? Thank you.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:07 pm
I don't send there so don't know type.
Yes they hv primary ( everyone has primaries so maybe you mean kindergarten?)
Yes they already have a graduating class and no they don't have their own high school but a principal is somehow related to the principal, Mrs drillman, of Aderes, so usually the girls that don't get it in anywhere just get put there eventually.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:12 pm
thank you! yes, do they have kindergarten? do you know which high schools the girls go to other than Aderes? Thanks!

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:17 pm
I have 3 daughters in the school. Love love love it.

They go from primary through 8th. This year's 8th grade is the third graduating class.
Primary and 1st (maybe also second?) have three classes each, the rest of the school has two parallel classes, 8th has just one.

They are not connected to any high school, though many girls go to Aderes, which is currently renting space in their building (but are leaving next year).
The last two years the 8th graders all got into high school beautifully. This year's class mostly did very well, I think there are 1 or 2 girls still not in anywhere.
The principals work very hard to get the girls in. (This year is harder everywhere with the whole vaad situation).

In terms of the type, it's a big mix. Learning fathers, working fathers, mostly white shirts, some colored. My family is of the more yeshivish, but we're very comfortable there.

It's an exceptionally warm and friendly school, everyone is accepted, I don't find there to be extra social pressures.

The principal, Mrs. Schorr, is like noone else in the world.

Gotta get back to work now, though I can keep going on and on forever about the school, let me know if you have any other questions!

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
thank you! yes, do they have kindergarten? do you know which high schools the girls go to other than Aderes? Thanks!

No kindergarten.
Pretty much all high schools.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:26 pm
Thank you Ima Sand!
If you have an older daughter in, would a younger one get into primary easily the following year?
I have some other questions too, please let me know if you would be comfortable pming me.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you Ima Sand!
If you have an older daughter in, would a younger one get into primary easily the following year?
I have some other questions too, please let me know if you would be comfortable pming me.

Siblings are generally automatically accepted in Lakewood schools.
You get a form to fill out the year before asking if you have siblings and if you do you just check it off and you're in.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you Ima Sand!

I'm not sure what you mean. You have an older daughter in BEM? Or another school? If you mean in another school, it might be hard to get in.

About pm-ing, I would if you post your screen name. I don't want to post mine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:40 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean. You have an older daughter in BEM? Or another school? If you mean in another school, it might be hard to get in.

thank you, I'd appreciate if you could reach out to me.

Last edited by amother on Mon, May 29 2023, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mommy1:)

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:07 pm
amother Sand wrote:

please pm me too - or can you tell me a little about tznius when out of school, and technology (movies and music)?

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:21 pm
Mommy1:) wrote:
please pm me too - or can you tell me a little about tznius when out of school, and technology (movies and music)?

I have nieces and great-nieces in BEM. I would say their mothers dress regular tznius, somewhat trendy, not yeshivish-dress. The kids use "frum" technology (like tovideo, etc...) and maybe would watch kid stuff (not sure) but not grown-up secular music or movies (remember this is an elementary school). The parents have smartphones (likely filtered).

keym

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:29 pm
I know girls from BEM in Oros, Aderes, Bais Kaila, and Chedvas.
I'm sure other schools but that's what I know.
Their oldest class currently is finishing 10th grade

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:46 pm
It’s a mix
They don’t have a kindergarten
8th graders got into oros, aderes, bais kaila, meiras, chedvas, meon, bais Faiga high school, basically everywhere
Mrs schorr is amazing. Greets each girl by name and calls when they are sick and sent cookies when I had a baby, soup when we moved, calls my high school daughter and sends home nosh for her on Fridays

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
thank you, I'd appreciate if you could reach out to me.

I'm sorry, I missed when you posted under your name...

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:50 pm

Mostly tznius. Shaitels of various lengths, mostly not yeshivish, some trendy, some not.
Really a big mix.
Don't know much about the technology. I have almost none. Most have some. Lots of smartphones.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:52 pm
Just realized you said tznius when out of school. They dress tzniusdig. Not especially yeshivish, a mix of how trendy or not. My girls have a big mix of friends, but they're all tzniusdig.

(I thought you meant the mothers)

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:53 pm
please pm me too

Do you specifically want me to pm or have you gotten your answers? Or is there anything else I can tell you here?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:29 pm
I just want to say, I don’t send to BEM but I dealt with mrs schorr regarding something else and after dealing with her I almost wished I could send my daughters there! (They’re well adjusted in a different amazing school bh) but I honestly believe that mrs schorr is the most amazing person

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:54 pm
I send there too. Absolutely thrilled. There’s a nice mix from yeshivish to not. My kids do not watch secular movies or listen to non Jewish music (neither do I). I’m sure some classmates do but you have that in every school. A lot of my girls’ classmates have fathers that went through the kollel system before working. I think they are cracking down on technology use after the latest parents evening.

Altogether a wonderful place. Great education but more importantly, great role models on being a good person with good middos.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 12:03 am
How would this school compare to bnos bracha?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries